Revving funny when cold

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93MX3SpecialEdition

Revving funny when cold

Post by 93MX3SpecialEdition »

I recently swapped in a KL-ZE into my car. I have the 1.8 manifold on it and it is running on the K8 ECU.

The problem I am having is that it will start to really stumble and hesitate at about 2500 to 4500 rpm. This happens more when it is cold and once it is warmed up it seems to be better, but still hesitates up in the RPMs.

Just looking for some insight into this problem!
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

i had that too... it went away when I got the curve neck manifold
ImageImageImageImageImage
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Revving funny when cold

Post by jschrauwen »

93MX3SpecialEdition wrote:I recently swapped in a KL-ZE into my car. I have the 1.8 manifold on it and it is running on the K8 ECU.

The problem I am having is that it will start to really stumble and hesitate at about 2500 to 4500 rpm. This happens more when it is cold and once it is warmed up it seems to be better, but still hesitates up in the RPMs.

Just looking for some insight into this problem!
It would be unrealistic to expect a smooth and problem-fee running engine when ther's a missmatch in parts put together. Running a K8 Im and ECU on a ZE is only for interim measures if one could not afford the complete Eunos 800 engine and IM w/ TB and the corect ECU and VAF configuration to compliment the entire set-up. As kp2t mentioned, this should all go away once you have the correct engine parts matched with each other.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”