boot for tierod

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
happyclown

boot for tierod

Post by happyclown »

I was taking the hub off to get new bearings pressed and I was having an aweful time getting the tierod balljoint off.

You guessed it :roll:

I ripped the crap outa the boot. The joint is till mint and I don't want to have to replace the whole tierod (I'm sure I'll break something else if I try). I just want the boot.

Does anyone know where I can get just the boot? Is there a generic boot that will fit? a specific part number from somewere?

Thanks guys!
1993 RS Teal
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

happyclown

Post by happyclown »

Oh excellent! I only wish I had the time to order one of those. I ended up finding a generic boot at Napa. It was a stiff pos but worth a shot. It turns out I effed up the threads on the ball when I was beating the knuckle with the sledge. I ended up coughing up the 35 bucks for the whole new end.

Thank you for the link though :!: Those boots like nice.
1993 RS Teal
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I often mess up the threads of bolts I need to jack with a hammer.

I use a grinding bit on a Dremel to knock the ridge down that I made by beating it. The bolts go back on.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Or scew an old nut on top of the bolt just to get it loose then take the nut off and the bolt is usually fine.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”