badmx3 - 1994 mx3 SE (UK spec)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

built up my manifold and that's being stored now as it's ready to go back on the engine:

today i installed most of the parts on the front end and the car will be taken off the axle stands tomorrow > finally :D
tomorrow i'll mainly be setting up the new engine preparing for the drop in. Once the engines in i'm going to tackle the lambo doors[/img]
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

the car is now off the axle stands. built up all the engine then had to strip it all back down again because i missed something lol. I should be a k8 expert when i finish >>> either that or the engine will go pop and i have a reason to splash out on a ze :)
i've had to go back to work so i'm struggling to find time to finish this project
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

wohooo the engines in

just got to fit the manifold and valve cover > oh and a few more bits but it's all about there > she will soon be bback on the road
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

dissaster struck yesterday due to years of decay > oh and me being heavy handed the tensioner on the power steering pump bracket snapped grrr....
so today frantically trying to source one before i start my new job monday... £100 from mazda, the breakers yards sold this bracket with the engine, and no one on ebay had the part i needed.
Finally found one on a fresh mx3 into the scrap yard.... took ages to get the bracket off as i had limited space, tools and time. So anyway back on track. Tomorrow fitting that bracket, final 2 belts, front polished valve cover, polished manifold, downpipe and front cross member. Then as it's a new engine gotta flush the whole system, bleed the clutch, and replace clutch fluid, new oil, reconnect everything and finally start her up.

YEAH not far now
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

ok it's a little bit further on and i think it's looking really nice now :D

i'm actually delighted with the outcome and to think it was all done by my fair, but cut and stained hands :lol:
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

damn yur engine bay looks sick so far!!....nice work man!! Thats some nice shine..Chrome dipped? Polished? :shock:
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

i polished all the parts myself > + on some off the none major parts used a chrome paint.... which i thought would look like crap but turned out ok....

tried starting the engine for the first time today but the battery was flat ... however the engine was making the right noises so i'm happy :D

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”