MYT Engine

Off-Topic Discussions
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

MYT Engine

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

I found some information on an engine that was developed by some engineers in the US of A. It has been designed, built, and tested. Ready for the numbers? Total engine weight=150lb., Max. Horsepower=2000, Max. Torque=3000, Size=14"x14" cylinder. That is the powerful version; there was a smaller one designed for regular car usage. It was around half a foot in diameter and less than a foot long. Specs, Horsepower=200-500, Fuel efficiency=150mpg on diesel, bio-fuel, or compressed air.

Videos - http://www.angellabsllc.com/resourse.html

An Article - http://www.americanantigravity.com/arti ... onstration

This was done over 5 years by 10 engineers working up to 18 hours a day with a total cost around $4 million dollars.
Last edited by Custom_V6_Limited_SE on July 19th, 2006, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

all of the vids are exactly the same and have nothing to do with anything.
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

They are streamed and there is a pre-video on them. I'll see if I can fix it; otherwise, after the first video plays, the actual one will follow.

EDIT: Fixed
precidian

Post by precidian »

better version of the videos on this page...

http://www.angellabsllc.com/resourse.html

and also everything you need to know..
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Thank you for noting that. Will update my first post.
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

oh my god....screw them...how could this not work....I think the only problem would be how much exhaust and fuel and everything it would take...none-the-less I'll be taking the 850cc design for my mx-3...I dont need the 4 inch by 4inch 200-500hp one...i'll just jump to the 1 foot one for 2000 thank you ;)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

LooseChangeRacing wrote:oh my god....screw them...how could this not work....I think the only problem would be how much exhaust and fuel and everything it would take...none-the-less I'll be taking the 850cc design for my mx-3...I dont need the 4 inch by 4inch 200-500hp one...i'll just jump to the 1 foot one for 2000 thank you ;)
It's 848 cubic inches, not cubic centimeters :twisted: It doesn't actually have 848cu.in. x 32cyl at any given time. it just works out that way due to the way the pistons interact with each other. Also, it looks like they are still doing more tests on it, but, so far so good :D . That would be funny to be able to say that you have a 32cyl., 13.8 Liter, 2000hp, 3000ft.lb., fuel effecient engine in an mx-3. I mean you would have weight reduction, a small car, insane power, and insane gas milage...it's the best of several worlds, what's not to like? :lol: ...lol

P.S. it is more effecient than conventional engines. Less mass, no recipricating mass, less friction...It also takes less fuel hence the 150mpg estimate on the 4.5"x7" model.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

So whatever happen to this engine?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

Hrmm... this is just one of those things I cannot trust/figure out/believe unless I see/work with a real model. It seems like a very aquard attempt at a doubled up rotary engine. I cannot see that being a very reliable engine. The animations show how the inside 'pistons' should work, spinning around the center 'crank shaft' For the compression stage it requires one of the 'piston' sets to stop. Thats some crazy persision timing on that. The animations show it moving very slowly, yet the video of the motor makes it appear as though its spinning at >5000 rpms. :?

If it really does work I don't believe a word of his torque clames. 3000ft.lb :roll: I could slap a the trubo from a cumming diesel on my light weight 1.6 and see gains of 600+hp and 550+ft.lbs of torque! Believe me? No? Why not? Are you pretty sure I'll do something like blow the head right off the block or shoot a piston right out the bottom through the oil pan? Sure I would, my engine's not made of super hard cast iron. His little engine would bust when trying to push a 2 ton truck.

It seems very cool, and not seeing it first hand I'm sure I could be wrong about everything... but... that just seems too far fetched for me... :wink:
1993 RS Teal
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I don't see how that would ever work.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

There is a video of it running on compressed air at 150psi which proves that the concept actually works. It was supposedly dynod at 851ft/lb with that arangement which was set up to not put stress on the engine due to a low level of funds for replacing broken parts. They were thinking about building their 4.5" version almost completely out of titanium. The problem with actually running the 2000hp and 3000ft/lb on the 14"x14" is going to be breaking the piston necks which are their equivalent to rods. Due to the design, these necks seem to have a lot a stress on them and I think they already broke one in a diesel test. That will probably be the limiting factor in this engine. I guess we'll see if they get it engineered well enough to withstand the estimated power capabilities; although, I think that even taking it easy on a 14"x14" engine and getting 851ft/lb isn't bad IMO.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I don't see how compressed air tells you it works
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

It mostly tells you that it will crank. Its like having no gas and cranking your car engine with the starter and saying it runs... :? ... It /could/ run anyway :wink:
1993 RS Teal
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I get it know I was just over thinkin lol. It just shows the theory that yes the parts move like they are suppose to.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE

Return to “Off-Topic”