First Long trip with car/dissappointed

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Both of them look exactly the same as mine (even the part nos are same) - there is no way a testing station would even notice that you had replaced those - unless you told them. Look into replacing the Coolant thermo sensor as well - it is a cheap but good investment.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

ok thnx aries, im going to order the MAF right now since its in cali and so am i, and if that doesnt fix the prob ill order the tps later. would the parts still be defective even though im not gettin a code at this minute? cuz i have gotten many codes before for the Intake Sensor which is in the maf. so it couldnt hurt and its a whole lot better then spending 300 bucks new lol thnx again
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

I would say get the TPS too because that's the one you had ghetto rigged with JB weld - the smog tester wont even know you replaced it.... Also you can check your part no against the one for sale - i am pretty sure its something like JE50-18-911 which is the same as mine....

The 94 DOHC codes is sometimes hit or miss - i have driven with O2 sensor unplugged many times and i never got a code - i even unplugged my EGR sensor and it put up a code at once and then went away for 2 days and came back again.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

ya true i think it all comes down to 116 bucks for both, and ya now that i think about it the cover to the tps is actually open lol its not really sealed so the top part is coming off basically. wonder if that would affect it? haha yup ghetto rigged is a good word for it, we had our 67 vw bus rigged with ducktape and glue on the engine lol it was halarious. oh nice lookin car, i left u a comment on ur car domain site.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Actually I have a spare TPS from a 95 RS if you want to buy it I'd sell it cheap.. like $20 shipped or something. I will see if I can find it tonight (I have a spare for my K8 as well as the one for my RS so I will have to see if I can dig it up.) Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

ya sure id take u up on that offer. il pm my info to you. thnx
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

well took the car for another drive today, went from visalia to LA about 200 miles or so. the ride was pretty bouncy and not that great but oh well. but all of a sudden right before the grapevine i get like no power. pull over and check, hmm the new valve cover gasket is leaking again. so i wipe it off turn it on bam lifters are ticking loud. so i pull it out and try driving up the grapvine. no power....nothing, i couldnt even get up there in 4th gear, couldnt get over 50. something is def wrong, it aint the clutch cuz it isnt slipping, im thinkin fuel/air mixture. i mean its like theres no power period, took me 40 seconds to go from 60 to 75. so i had to turn around and head back home, although some good news is im getting better gas mileage. haha still sux, would the fact im using 89 octane affect it? thnx
Jon
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

At this point all i have to say if you dont know what your doing just take it to a good mechanic and let him find the problem.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

89 octane wouldn't effect it noticeably. what kind of mileage are you getting on the highway?
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

hmm i got around 310 miles on a full tank all highway. im waiting on my MAF sensor it gets here monday.i was testing it with a volt meter and i was getting around 1.5kohms in the manual it says anywhere from 2.2-2.69. hope it fixes my problem, i did a compression test and got about 175 to 185 with full throttle open in every cylinder. alot better then 100, 80, 95, 110 before the rebuild. but still am not getting the same power that i got when i first bought it. o i did checked codes today and it wasnt in the manual...weird the cel light flashed 4 times quick the only codes in the book that are close are 1 long then nothing then 4 quick ones. weird car haha
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

The 4 cyl codes on grants site is for SOHC i think (because it doesnt mention any EGR codes). In this case you can refer to the V6 codes - they are both DOHC engines, use internal coil disty and have EGR- so those codes will be common for both of them. Code 4 is for the cam angle sensor in the disty - you might have to replace the disty.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

hmm weird...ill look into that cuz we replaced on that unit like the cap, rotor, gasket, o ring but not the disty itself. maybe ill order a new one if the meter doesnt fix it. thnx aries :) thats awesome
Jon
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

well ran into another problem, fuel leak and it was just spraying out. then took the rail off and check and bam 3 o rings have ripped and i guess that could be a problem hah real weird they just ripped for no reason i could tell. i didnt get a full injector ring kit. just o rings not the insulators or the other thing on the top. ima go get a new kit tomorrow and see if that helps.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”