My transmission is going???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

My transmission is going???

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok.. it shifts fine.. it has fluid... when i shift from third to second GREECK it grinds a bit.. im like WTH... it shifts fine.. i have not yet bleed the clutch.. could that be it? it shifts fine from second to 1st at los speeds.. if im soing 35mph and downshift it will grind.. is it my sicro going? I got a spare transmission i was thinking of getting the syncro from.. any tips? help :( i may end up having to go to junk yard to gegt a de tranny.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Si1verBullet

Post by Si1verBullet »

Switching to a slightly thicker synthetic like Redline 85/90 MTX can help the syncro rings get more bite. Used this trick before and it helps a shift that is struggling.

If it has the same shifting problem hot ( 30 min run ) and cold , this trick doesnt work.

Isn't there something about weak selector forks and the tranny.......
97' UK V6, Standard.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thanks for the advice, i will be also looking for another transmission, possibly an mx6 one. I hopeit isnt to hard to come by. I was getting a probe gt one but found out thegearing is the same as mx3 (final drive)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

I had the same problem with mine so I finally, took it apart and found that it was the syncro. Honestly its an easy fix. The mx-3 transmission's come apart and go back together easily.
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Onn friday m picking u my spare transmission from my friends house, im hoping tom get the syncro from that transmission and replace my old one... that transmssion 1st gear is gone but i ehar second gear works fine. these transmissions are amazing.. this one lasted 250 THOUSAND miles.... and the gears work awesome..only if i downshift. plus i cant race bleh.. and im scared of driving it and messing up the other trannies.. hey the guy that took tranny appart.. message me please.. i am taking it to the shop but if its easy ill do it.
-hec

ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

I got one tranny with 425,000km not sure what that is in miles, but thats with a good 60,000km on the DE getting the sh$% pounded out of it as well, and its still works fine. Infact im putting it back in my other car untouched.

If you get the shop manual its is very straight forward in there. Has all detailed instructions of how to take apart and reassemble everything.
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well i got offers from online to buy mx6 v6 transmissiona.. hmm bnets offer s 350 shipped.. that taller 5th gear is luring me in.. locally is 350 with core.. online thjey dont ask for a core. This one that i have wont pop as long as i dont downshift from third to second :) so its still has alot of time on it. I was giving my friend a hard time to get my transmission from which i bought from lucky 13 but i guess ill just get it later. That spare has 1st gear blown.
-hec

Steeb

Post by Steeb »

if u adjust the clutch master cylinder from behind the clutch pedal, it helps. sometimes u gotta adjust it a tiny bit whenever u feel more wear in the clutch or when u put a brand new one in

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”