Power Steering lines

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
uk_mx3_guy

Power Steering lines

Post by uk_mx3_guy »

I am planning my engine swap/turbo upgrade.. on investigation of where I would put the intercooler I need to move the power steering lines behind the bracket that is there, is this possible? Can I just bend the lines?

Also if i was to bend them behind this bracket would they be ok closer to the rad?

Thanks

Jon
UK 94 2.5L KL-ZE V6 MX3, KL-68 TB, Chipped ECU, Green Air Kit, Exceedy Race Clutch, Hand made exhaust system, Goodridge Braided Brake Lines, Black Diamond Drilled & Grooved Disks with Black Diamond Predator Pads
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

how big is your intercooler + are you going for a turbo?
uk_mx3_guy

Post by uk_mx3_guy »

The intercooler size is unknown at the mo but im lookin at a 24x6x2

And yes I will have a turbo - thus the intercooler! :)

I just need to know if it is possible to bend the pipes? Since I dont really wanna be damaging the Power Steering if you know what I mean :?

Jon
UK 94 2.5L KL-ZE V6 MX3, KL-68 TB, Chipped ECU, Green Air Kit, Exceedy Race Clutch, Hand made exhaust system, Goodridge Braided Brake Lines, Black Diamond Drilled & Grooved Disks with Black Diamond Predator Pads
Flinch

intercooler

Post by Flinch »

actually ive heard of guys putitng an intercooling into N/A cuz you cn spray them with CO2 giving you FROZEN air.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

having an ic on an na creates more restriction than the performance it would add even if u spray co2 on it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”