Eastern Ontario Cruise To Annual Mississauga Meet

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.

Eastern Ontario MX'rs Cruise to Mississsauga Meet 24 June 06

Will be joining cruise.
40%
Planning / thinking of joining cruise.
60%
Will be making my own way down.
No votes

Total votes: 5

jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Eastern Ontario Cruise To Annual Mississauga Meet

Post by jschrauwen »

There's going to be a number of us attending subject meet. Why not enjoy the drive down even more by having a bit of an organized ride/cruise down together. I'm hoping to capture the Ottawa, (even Montreal), Cornwall, Prescott, Brockville, Kingston, Bellevile/Trenton/Brighton, Port Hope, Whitby, Oshawa, Ajax, Pickering people that want to jump in on this. The more people that post in and say where they are if it's not listed in their profile than I can best judge where the most suitable enroute pick-up spots will be. Those that aren't 100% and may want to jump in at the last minute at one of the pick-up spots are most welcomed but would kindly ask that you indicate in the attached poll. Ideally, the best spots for pick-ups will be easy access to/from the 401 that has gas, food (Timmies coffee) and restroom facilities co-located. This can be almost be as much fun as the event itself. Those that don't have one of those walkie-talkie type FRS radio's might consider picking up or borrowing some. We'll use FRS Ch.3 for now and can finalize that later. Of course, it would be much better if one could actually make a post as to their intentions but filling in the poll will do if unable to post. We had a good size crew do this last year and was a lot of fun. Let's see if we can build upon this since I've found a lot more MX'rs in and around the Bellevile area alone that could really juice this up a bit.
So chime in and lets get this thing rollin'. :driver:

jschrauwen
mymx.3?
Spinkx79
ProspectMx3
Ryan
Last edited by jschrauwen on June 19th, 2006, 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I'm ready for the cruise ........... :2thumbsup:

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Pretty sure Im in. 8)
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

I'm in.........
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

There must be a bunch more from the Belleville / Trenton area. Waide, if you have the time, could you touch base witha few of the other MX'rs in the area. I'm thinking that you may have better contact with them than I do.
I'll post timings about mid week or so those concerned.

Let's go people, stand up and be counted, don't be shy .... LOL

*edit* 18/6/06
PM's and emails sent to those in Ottawa, Cornwall, Peterborough, Ponty Pool, Oshawa, Whitby, Keswick and points therein.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

Shawn will not be able to make it out because he has his prom that day. I talked to Ben (green mx) and he isn't sure if he can do it yet.
I have tried tracking down ryan (said he was coming 2 weeks ago) but haven't been able to find him.
And the rest im still trying to get ahold of.........
I will let you know as soon as I find out
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ProspectMx3 wrote:Shawn will not be able to make it out because he has his prom that day. I talked to Ben (green mx) and he isn't sure if he can do it yet.
I have tried tracking down ryan (said he was coming 2 weeks ago) but haven't been able to find him.
And the rest im still trying to get ahold of.........
I will let you know as soon as I find out
Hey, thanks for that Waide, it's much appreciated. Hmmmm, prom day, .... tough decision .... LOL. I'll wait for further, thanks again,
John
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Okay ... because I am staying at a B&B in Burlington .. I have to head there before the meet .... so John I won't be going with you and others. But if the East and West are going to meet before heading for the park ... I can meet all of you there.

So far the weather looks excellent!!!

DEB
Last edited by mymx.3 on June 19th, 2006, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Okay ... because I am staying at a B&B in Burlington .. I have to head there before the meet .... so John I won't be going with you and others. But if the East and West are going to meet before heading for the park ... I can meet all of you there.

DEB
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Oops ... this went in twice .................... Can someone erase one of them please.............Thanks :oops:

DEB
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

Well I talked to ryan, and he is in. (I don't know his mx-3 forum name)
So one down and many more to go.
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mymx.3 wrote:Okay ... because I am staying at a B&B in Burlington .. I have to head there before the meet .... so John I won't be going with you and others. But if the East and West are going to meet before heading for the park ... I can meet all of you there.
DEB
Deb, although I haven't finalized the times yet, there should be plenty of time for you to break away from us once were heading south on 403. That means you'll only take approximately 20 minutes or so to get to mid Burlington. Register and return to Mississauga will take another 30 minutes or so, so you really won't miss much at all and you still get to enjoy the cruise too. I'm looking at getting to the Promenade before 12 noon anyway, or at least plan for that since it is a Saturday. The earlier the better before the shopping traffic gets too crazy.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Cruise to 9th Annual MMM

Post by jschrauwen »

Well Kevin (the "oven) Ovendank is still in Kelowna, and I don't see anyone from Ottawa/Gatineau/Hull posting their intentions. Kyle Kizzel in Cornwall hasn't answered his pm yet and the girls in Peterborough and Ponty Pool haven't spoken up yet either. The furthest east person will be Deb from Kingston. Based on that, I'd like to set the place and timimgs for our litttle cruise.

Time Depart

0900 Timmies Trenton near 401 ramp, across from Holiday Inn. Sunoco gas available.

1015 Timmies in Whitby at Thickson Rd/ Consumers Dr. intersection (1st lights from Thickson Rd. off-ramp) Sunoco gas available.

This should give Deb ample time to split off from the pact just before Mississauga to continue onto Burlington, finalize accomodations and return to Mississauga at or around 12 to 1 pm, max.
Those that have not posted yet and are still considering on joining the group and need another pick-up point enroute should mention so ASAP so as to see if a timing modification is needed. I've based these timings on the consideration that it's a Saturday. Meaning that as the morning wears on, the traffic will get increasingly congested. This also means that we may arrive just slightly before 12 noon if we don't run into any extraneous snags or traffic enroute. I'm giving us a little bit of a buffer just to slightly compensate. Please post any questions or concerns. See you all Saturday.
Last edited by jschrauwen on June 21st, 2006, 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Sounds good to me John ......... I'll probably be at Timmies between 8:30 and 8:45

See you then............... :wink:

DEB
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

Uday and I would like to join ur cruise sometime before u get there... mayb we could meet somewhere down the line?

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”