Mx-3 GS with FE3 Swap Turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Bo0sted_Rafi

Post by Bo0sted_Rafi »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Nice! I'm glad to see some with an idea and actually follow through. I think I probably gave you a hard time when you asked about it, more likely cause newbies like to come around and ask about cross-breed swaps, to which I've never seen one done, until now. I take back anything I said, and give you props for the work, you ahd the skill and the knowledge to pull it off. :welder: :2thumbsup:

So what was the work like putting it in? The mounts, fitament, the tranny and axles and stuff? I'd really like to hear how it all came together. Too bad you had that background music in the video, I would of really liked to hear how she sounds...
FE
The 2.0 L (1998 cm³) FE was very different with a square 86 mm bore and stroke. It was an 8-valve SOHC engine for front-wheel drive and real wheel drive pickup use. Output was 83 hp (62 kW) for the carburetor version, or 93 hp (69 kW) with fuel injection.

Applications:

1983-1987 Mazda Capella/626
1985-1987 Mazda B2000
Mazda MX-6
1983-1987 Mazda 929
[edit]
FET
The 8-valve turbocharged FET version of the FE produced 116 hp (87 kW) and 137 ft·lbf (186 N·m). The Japanese variant of this engine was dubbed the Magnum Turbo.

Applications:

1984-1986 Mazda Capella (Japan)
Ford Telstar turbo
1986-1987 Mazda 626 Turbo
Mazda MX-6
Ford Probe
[edit]
FE3
The FE3 was a DOHC variant of the FE. Officially called the FE DOHC, it was used in some European and Japanese Mazdas, but no American or Australian ones. However, it can be found in the U.S., Australian, and other 1995+ Kia Sportage. It can be fitted with a crankshaft from the F2 to produce 2.3 L Stroke, but there are numerous problems with this conversion including requiring aftermarket pistons. Engines with a black rocker cover are 1.8 L, while those with a gold cover are 2.0 L. There were at least six different FE DOHC engines available.

A high-compression variant of the FE3 exists but the only truly distinguishing mark is the domed pistons inside the engine. Factory redline was 7000 rpm but well made examples with aftermarket engine management and better valve springs are seeing continued 8000 rpm usage.
You are right, 1995+ sportage....lol, 300hp sportage
Thanks for your comments,
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Dude, truly amazing. There needs to be more of these not so common motor swaps done. Congrats on the power your making man. Now we need some street videos :P
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Bo0sted_Rafi

Post by Bo0sted_Rafi »

MechaManZero wrote:Dude, truly amazing. There needs to be more of these not so common motor swaps done. Congrats on the power your making man. Now we need some street videos :P
Street video comming soon

Give me a few days
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

AWSOME you officially rawk
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

What all did you need to do to swap the Engine in? And what tranny you using, and axles and whatnot? You should do a writeup on the install man!
bpt323

Post by bpt323 »

Im dying to know what you did for Engine mounts, I've been planning for awhile for a fe3 swap into my 323 (same engine mount points) & any help is appreciated.

Please spill some of your knowledge onto us :)
Bo0sted_Rafi

Post by Bo0sted_Rafi »

BuGS wrote:What all did you need to do to swap the Engine in? And what tranny you using, and axles and whatnot? You should do a writeup on the install man!
Custom engine mounts
F2 N/A tranny with some mods like the diferential and ratios
Kia Sephia 1.8 axles with mods in the engine block

Is posible with a good welding machine, tools and hours to spend it
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

insane. i also like the color. Hey anyone dyno the v6? dont see much on them starting to feel alone. my klze w/6 lbs of boost better do that good im int my car over $4500.00 and still counting and its not even pritty.
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

oh-hell wrote:insane. i also like the color. Hey anyone dyno the v6? dont see much on them starting to feel alone. my klze w/6 lbs of boost better do that good im int my car over $4500.00 and still counting and its not even pritty.
Tons of people have dynod turbo KL's. Take me for example.

15 psi on a stock KLDE and 91 octane gas, which was broken on the dyno (cracked pistons) and susequently really broke 100 miles later (bent rods)

And $5k? Im close to, if not past, 10k now doing everything myself. lol

don't count on being much over 250 whp on 6 psi.[/img]
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

well we will see im thinking more in the 300-330 range. i just didnt think v6 got any attention and was wondering why
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

^^^how did this become a V6 thred^^^

but nice job, i was thinking about it, but a BP was easier to come by.

didnt the sportage come in AWD also?
Minimonster

Post by Minimonster »

Josh wrote:

Yes some of them are AWD.
Proud builder of
455 hp Miata 10.98@125mph
MX-3 RS 25 psi 451 hp
MX-6 F2T 12.8 @ 112 mph
(Current Project) A 700 hp MX-3 now at 475 hp
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Minimonster wrote:
Josh wrote:

Yes some of them are AWD.
humm....

maybe a 2.0 AWD MX in the furture, besides the one im making now.

nah.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

What tranny are you using?

Custom Axels?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Custommx3 wrote:What tranny are you using?

Custom Axels?
Bo0sted_Rafi wrote:Custom engine mounts
F2 N/A tranny with some mods like the diferential and ratios
Kia Sephia 1.8 axles with mods in the engine block

Is posible with a good welding machine, tools and hours to spend it
And peolpe complain about Newbies asking the same ? when we should all just read the post thorughly. ? was already answered 7,8 post up.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “Forced Induction”