CV joint problem *pics*

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
sk8erdude802

CV joint problem *pics*

Post by sk8erdude802 »

So I cant get this thing out of there. heres the pictures.Image

In the manual it shows a clip in there. Ive tried using a pry bar but it comes out about a 1/4 inch and wont budge. any ideas or am I just going to have to beat the hell out of a pry bar.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

when i take mine out (i've done it 3 times now), i took a pry bar to one side, and took a large chisel to the other. pry on one side and tap the chisel in on the other, don't hit the seal that is back in there though.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Yep- gotta get a larger pry bar and put more a-- on it!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

You know you like those pictures. I took those with my phone. Yeah Ive got the A920 samsung. Thanks for the replies guys.

Steve-O
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I won't even bother anymore with that piece. I've had to swap out my Autozone rebuild once already and just bought a spare boot strap, got the replacement and took the top off that .... .returned the old bottom 3/4 with the new top piece. Just strapped the new replacement bottom onto the piece stuck in the tranny. I've also dropped my tranny twice since then, and I just leave that end in the tranny. Screw it. I don't have that kind of time to waste. Stock ones go in and out like cake, but the retainer rings on these rebuilds suck a--.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I agree with laker, i could nto get it out last time i tryed also...and i have the MONSTER of crowbars.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

dude so simple. pull the other side out and put a lons screwdriber in the hold and beat it out from the other side! I did.
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

I just put a pry bar in there and beat on it for awhile. Taking the other side apart seems like to much work..

Steve-O "the lazy american"

p.s. park as close to the fron of walmart as possible

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”