Newly Painted MX-3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

mitmaks wrote:what color will you paint it eventually?
hehehe :lol: You make me laugh.

I am not a huge fan of that look either. It just alway looks dirty to me. To me Clean = Shiney. That said...Props for the work. I will be attempting to paint my mx-3 on my own next summer. I hope to gather the knowledge and the proper tools to have an awesome quality paint job without getting hosed by an expensive paint shop.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

thanx for the comments i will be throwing some tint on as soon as i can afford it and i will be keeping the original altezza look and i wanna get a trubo but thats in the future but thanx again guys
marcus2966

Post by marcus2966 »

Easy to keep clean eh! :D
Roll with it or get rolled over mother%@#er!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/478582_8_full.jpg
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

not really that easy ive changed my mind im keeping it that same color but gunna through some clear coat over top at a later date because right now im working on my turbo bp project i was trying to keep it low profile but now the word is out
mx-3north

Post by mx-3north »

looks great to me, wish I had some body work skills
92 mx-3 gs auto 1.8lt
nokian wr tires
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

thats nice, how did you do it? how many cans of each(primer, flat black paint etc) did you need and what did it cost you?
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

well i used an HVLP gun and used a gallon of primer and a gallon of satin black paint not flat but im gunna wet sand the s--- out of it and then add some clear and it costs how ever much you want it to cost.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

cool. i wanna paint it the real way, but i cant afford the gun and the air supply, arent those wicked expensive?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

LOL Flat black pwns!

My buddy marks mx-3

my old Gs (now marks other GS) .. and my new GS

mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

nice how did you guys paint them? what costs are expected?
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

well you get what you pay for when it comes to equipment but you can also get cheap stuff that will work but it will spit paint and clog easy but i say go with a SATA gun or Devilbliss and just an air compressor to suit that.

To do with cost of supplies it depends on how good of a job and if your going single stage or base/clear.

Look to spend at least $600 on all supplies including: primer,paint, clear, reducer and things like sandpaper blocks, polish etc.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

how would i start the process? with sanding and the dents and such. im only gunna prep and start the base coat and go as i can afford.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

sand it down with some 220 grit... then long block the whole car and hammer a dolly or get a dent popper to take out the dents. then prime it and then put on a light guide coat then long block it and you'll see the high an low spots then get some highbuild and put that on. then base/clear. remeber to use some sort of wash to get all the remenents off of the car and work in a well ventilated area.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

all i got to work in is a lanie or however you spell it, its like a garage but always open.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

that'll work but dont expect show quality paint

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”