head gasket prob?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
projectmx316

head gasket prob?

Post by projectmx316 »

hey all was wounderin if u could help me out on this ? i am replacing the head gasket cause it blew but my concern is that on the gasket i see black spots between 3 of the cylynders on the gasket its self. does it mean that the gasket blew right there or did the head warp on it. the head looks like its in good condition and no valve are burnt or cracked on it just the valve seals are shot on it. but was wounderin if anyone could help on that cause its kinda weird that it has those black spots on it. thanks all
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Its just carbon build up by the sounds of it..
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
projectmx316

Post by projectmx316 »

but the black mark goes all the way to the other cylinder on the gasket. I also wanted to know i found a head gasket kit but it says its for the mx3 b6ze didnt the ze come in the miata? and would the miata gasket work on this car.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

projectmx316 wrote:but the black mark goes all the way to the other cylinder on the gasket. I also wanted to know i found a head gasket kit but it says its for the mx3 b6ze didnt the ze come in the miata? and would the miata gasket work on this car.
Pending where you look the Mx-3 DOHC motor is a B6ZE.

To answer the question on the blown head gasket, going off what you said it likly blew in three places. You will want to take the head to a machine shop and have it checked to be sure its still good, they can take care of a minorly warped head but if its bad they will tell you its not fixable.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”