What is the best setup? IYO

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Imazdanation1

What is the best setup? IYO

Post by Imazdanation1 »

I am looking for basically two different setups to put on my 93 MX-3 GS.

The first setup would be for the 1/4 mile. So guys tell me what you think is the best setup for that please.

The next setup would be for cornering my car club often takes trips around back country roads and i would like to have a car that feels like it is on rails.

Or if anyone knows a setup i can run that would incoorperate both the 1/4 mile and the curvy roads that would be awesome. Tell me what you think guys is the best setup money is not an option on this one so i would like to have the best i can get. Thanks in advance.

Edit for tires, brakes, and wheels .....

If you could put the size wheels and tires and best brake kit to go with for this setup also. Thanks again guys.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Stock ;)
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

ok well you cant' do everything to its greatest here...if your going to drag hardcore, than you get a suspension and brakes to suite. You're not going to upgrade your breaks for drag racing right? On the other hand, if your all about the auto x, your camber settings and things like sway bars,strut bars, and things will be added.

before we can help we need to know

is it a daily driver?
how often will you drag?
how often with you do the twisties? auto x or just cruisin?
how much power will it have?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Imazdanation1

Post by Imazdanation1 »

Well i will be going to the track 2 times a week (since that is all we have them here :x ). The Auto x type driving we usually get together for a good drive like this about 2 times a month. It's not what you would call a daily driver well at least not at the moment but eventually it may turn into one. I am hoping to have as much power as i can get out of the KLZE engine i am not sure how much i can squeeze out of it but i am surely going to try to pull as much out of it as possible. I hope this helps you to help me :lol: Thanks again in advance.

Keith
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Last question:

How much cash?

Most expensive setup: Mazdaspeed struts (if you can find a pair), gc coil overs, front/rear sturt bars, anti roll bar, new bushing, new mounts, new rear arm suspension parts, brembo brakes, dunno about calipers, on and on and ON AND ON.

It's endless....
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

For dragging, the most important thing for you suspension wise will be stiff rear springs to prevent squat. And since this is a FWD car, stiffer rear springs will also help negate some understeer in AutoX.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

This has been discussed in legnth before. Barry's comment is a reference to use the seach button. We know you missed the first post, but since this, like you other post about the motor, is very open ended you need to search a bit before you ask such a large question.
Get some ideas on what you want and then maybe ask what we think after you have come up with a plan of your own.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Like Pat said, looking for the ultimate magic answer....but there isn't one. During your limited time on this BB, you've asked numerous questions that have already been clearly explained and layed out. A lack of effort on your part as Pat mentioned to use the search function to find your answers will be quickly noticed by the rest of the membership. It will take hours of research to find all the bits of data you're looking for but ultimately, you'll have a better awareness and insight to ask a more refined question that may not have been covered in a previous post. Time for a little self study.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
KJ

Post by KJ »

Don't feel bad Imazdanation1 i know your pain. I live in the same state as you and maybe the search engine on this site hates us? I even posted asking if someone could give me a how to on the search or step by step lol and when i do it the same way using the same subject as them i get no results. I have noticed that your posts have not been coming as often as you used to post so maybe you found out how to do the search or maybe you just don't want to get flamed for asking questions that have already been answered i dunno. But as for me i don't know how to use the site search but i use google alot and try to find out what i need from there. Maybe someone will post a how to so they can put it in FAQ to help the new ppl a.k.a. me on this? lol

KJ

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”