Just finished my ZE Turbo project...one prob...no boost : (

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
XxantwawnxX

Just finished my ZE Turbo project...one prob...no boost : (

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Ok i can hear the turbo spooling(sounds so cool) but according to my boost gaude im getting no boost what so ever. And its correct cause i feel no power.
Other than an intake leak or a stuck open or broken wastegate what otther things can cause this? im at a loss here.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

Have you checked the buterflys in your IM ? if they stay closed it will hamper your boost
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

but will it make you have no boost whats so ever?

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

what was the condition of your motor to start off with? my best idea right now would be to have your turbo dump out freely and see how your car preforms. if heir isnt any diffrance than i would say check your setting on your bov !!!
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

My bov is a Supersequential HKS double valve with no setting screw. I cant change anything on it. Its new..i hope its not broke lol. Motors in good shape.
Dump out freely? Is this refering to the wastegat, if so i have an enternal one, OEM from a saab.

oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

If you dont have a set screw how do you know what its set at, were going to adjust mine to 5lbs. on my motor thats a big diffrance with a 10.6 o 1 compression if your running 9.1 to 1 compression 5 lbs wont do crud. im no expert but id think to have your bov looked at, it makes very good sence to me. just an idea.
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

I would think if your turbos spooling , and you dont think its your wastegate or an intake leak the only other thing that makes sense is your blow off valve leaking . but then again im new to turbos so i dont know a whole lot about them. good luck finding it though.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

oh-hell wrote: i would say check your setting on your bov !!!
oh-hell wrote:If you dont have a set screw how do you know what its set at, were going to adjust mine to 5lbs. on my motor thats a big diffrance with a 10.6 o 1 compression if your running 9.1 to 1 compression 5 lbs wont do crud. im no expert but id think to have your bov looked at, it makes very good sence to me. just an idea.
You dont adjust boost with a BOV : ) You do it with the WG or a boostcontroller or both. The only way a BOV will effect boost is if its leaking. Or its set way wrong. (the HKS one has not setscrew) If you want to run 5 PSI you get a 5PSI WG spring.

XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Update: ok my WG had like a Millimeter of play even with the actuater arm on it.

So now i get boost but not in first gear, is this normal. I get a lil boost in 2nd and in 3rd even when im at like 2200 i get up to 5psi.

Now the WG is disabled so i got to be careful and watch my boost but i mean what could be the prob, why no boost in first,.

oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

i guess i should have been a little more specific , i forget not everyone knows what im meaning.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

XxantwawnxX wrote:Update: ok my WG had like a Millimeter of play even with the actuater arm on it.

So now i get boost but not in first gear, is this normal. I get a lil boost in 2nd and in 3rd even when im at like 2200 i get up to 5psi.

Now the WG is disabled so i got to be careful and watch my boost but i mean what could be the prob, why no boost in first,.
What turbo are you running?
Remember boost is dependant on engine load. Notice how if you rev the car in neutral you build very little to no boost?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Im using a turbo thats a lil to small for a ZE its a smaller T3 from a saab. Smaller than a super60 but i forget the exact size. I would think i would get boost in 1st gear , im going to by pass all my intercooler set up and go straight to the TB ans see if it gets better. Maybe im leaking.

So maybe in first gear theres not enough loud to get boost?

Minimonster

Post by Minimonster »

Check all the connection between the turbo and throttle body. Make sure all the connections are good and tight. No rips or tears in the hoses.
Proud builder of
455 hp Miata 10.98@125mph
MX-3 RS 25 psi 451 hp
MX-6 F2T 12.8 @ 112 mph
(Current Project) A 700 hp MX-3 now at 475 hp
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

K so i went over every connection for the 3rd time..tightened the clamps (not the good T clamps) till the were about to snap..and went for a ride. I still dont get boost in 1st gear but it boosted alot better in every other gear. I have to watch out cause i have NO WG and i went up to 8 PSI on accident... tee hee. ONly want 5.

So is having a to small turbo makeing me not have boost in first or what, ive never heard of that before.

ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

At what RPM do you shift from first to second? What is the RPM when the boost gauge shows some boost?
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude

Return to “Forced Induction”