low gas light

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
corbanbrook

Post by corbanbrook »

azazel95 wrote: I also think its funny how gas prices will jump over night even though its the same gas in the pumps...
The gas stations charge what the gasoline is worth currently. There is nothing wrong with that. Thats just business. Everyone seems to have a problem with gas stations making a profit.

If you owned a company selling widgets and you bought 1000 widgets at 79 cents each, and then a widget factory exploded in Kabul causing a massive shortage and the price skyrocketed to $1.50 ea. Well would you be expected to sell them off at the price you paid plus your markup. Hell no..

One thing you might notice is how the price may go up 3 times in a day as gasoline energy commodities rise. Yet when they fall they never lower their prices very quickly. It may take a week for gas prices to lower to the current market value and that is sorted out by competition between the different gas stations.

In the end gas stations take a very small cut of the profit on each litre. Next to the actual price per barrel the government takes the biggest slice.
92 MX-3 1.6L 4 Cyl SOHC
MPG: 21.5city/38hwy
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Well however you look at it we can always look forward to our Iranian fuel supply :shock:

Thats if Israel doesn't blow them all up first. Man tensions are high over there. Good thing I'm American and invincible and the world loves me :wink:

Back on topic; anyone else experience problems like I described in my last post?
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

We can get petrolium from other countries and we can even use our own god damn it lol.
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

EDIT:

Topic Police

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”