low gas light

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bochek

low gas light

Post by Bochek »

it came on for the first time last night

damn stupid gas prices.

so how far do you have left to drive once that light comes on?

Bochek
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

about 20-30 miles when the light comes on there about a gallon left. don't drive to far u'll stall out.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
SpikeDerailed

Post by SpikeDerailed »

According to the manual, these are suppose to be 13gallon gas tanks. When that light comes up it usually takes me about 10 gallons to fill up(meaning about 3 gallons left). Although its rare it gets down that far, I usually try to fill up with about a 1/4 tank left, dont wanna get crap in the fuel pump.

P.S. gas here = $3.00 gallon +- $.05
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

$2.75 -+0.05 here in SA TX
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

so then how many km or miles do you guys get to a tank, this tank i gout abour 450 KM, donest seem like much, tank might not of been compleatly full tho because it was filled at a full service station.

Bochek
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Hey, I get around 275 miles to a tank. thats after i changed the clutch, new cap + rotor , plugs, wires, and intake. - 1.6 DOHC ! Not to steal your thread Bochek but anyone know what would cause the low gas light to stay on dim all the time and then get bright when its actually low ?
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
edvaru

Post by edvaru »

I get about 550km before filling up the tank. But I drive mostly hwy. After light comes on I can drive about 80km before running dry.
corbanbrook

Post by corbanbrook »

I hate to worry about gas prices and I really dont care about the price at the pumps to much. Its the other things that really scare me like when those costs trickle down to the price of bread.

right now i pay about $3.56 US/g at the pumps or $1.07 CAD/litre and its not a big deal. I pay about $100 a month in gas on average and thats a small price to pay for transportation. People seem to really complain about the high prices of gas and then ignore their other costs for transportation like insurance, financing or lease, parking, maintenance. I guess if you think of it that way gasoline is really the cheapest part of your daily commute.

And as for the actual question I have experienced that i put in between 35-40 litres when my low fuel light turns on. So that would mean there is about 10 litres (3 g) left in the tank and presurized fuel system... soo about 60 km+. Although i have never tried to see how far I can push it. i usually fill up as soon as the low fuel light comes on or before.
92 MX-3 1.6L 4 Cyl SOHC
MPG: 21.5city/38hwy
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) wrote:Hey, I get around 275 miles to a tank. thats after i changed the clutch, new cap + rotor , plugs, wires, and intake. - 1.6 DOHC ! Not to steal your thread Bochek but anyone know what would cause the low gas light to stay on dim all the time and then get bright when its actually low ?
mine does that too, but it was OFF untill it came on, then it was dim for a while, then got bright again

im wondering if it's brightness is bassed on how much gas you have left.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
SpikeDerailed

Post by SpikeDerailed »

I usually end up going about 275miles(442km) to 9gallons(34 liters).
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

i usually get 340 mile to a tank, but it's mostly highway.

i don't know if this happens to anyone elses mx-3 but i notice i ran it low on gas one time and the light came on as normal. i ran it low again and the light came on but it came on sooner. i ran it low about 3 more times and the gas light would come on just short of a 1/2 tank. if i fill up before i get to a 1/4 of a tank on a regular basis and run it low once, i have no problem. but the more i run it low repeatedly the sooner the lite comes on. does that haooen to anyone else.
Slade

Post by Slade »

I just got 625km off one tank. I just had an oil change last week. That includes highway and city driving.I was at 370 at the half way mark. I put $40 worth in to fill up right before.
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Gas prices in BC are a $1.14 per Litre
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

If I park with the passenger side up on a hill and the drivers side lower - My gauge show about 1/8th lower than it's actually at. (which can have the gas light come on just a little bit)

But I usually get about 330km city driving. Don't do much highway driving

pumps around here are anywhere between 94.5 - > 1.09 per litre
pretty competitive
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

My 2 cents;

Gas prices here are average $2.75-.89

My gas light has never come on. Ever. My guage fluctuates massively. It will go from sitting on the bottom to half a tank and back. Once I get under half a tank my gauge basically becomes useless.

I also think its funny how gas prices will jump over night even though its the same gas in the pumps...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”