KLZE + fuel to air ratio and running rich

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

KLZE + fuel to air ratio and running rich

Post by hgallegos915 »

My friend installed a DE ecu tothe ze engine , has millenia manifold. It runs rich. Muffler stays cleam weith the ZE ecu but runs funky and with de ecu runs faster but gets horrible milleage, we are trying to hook the air to fuel ratio auge. What 2 wires do we hook to the gauge? We know two of them are the oxygen sensor heater but which ones do we connect?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I wouldn't waste my time with narrowband sensors. Is he using the de VAF as well? otherwise he'll be running very lean. Just put the k8 ecu w/je50 vaf in and leave it alone unless he wants to get a kl31/36.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Well to answer part of our question, if your talking about the wires on the air/fuel gauge there is 3 wires (Power, Ground, Signal) If your talking about the wires on the 02 sensor its a 4 wire, and i didn't touch the wires there i tapped them off the ECU way easier. I belive center ECU clip but can't remember the pin #...do a search and i am sure u can find the pin out on ur ECU
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”