12.6 @108 MPH MX-3

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Did i say i expect you to believe "Everything" u read on the interntet?
You expect me to believe this obviously - even though you seem to have a concern about the accuracy of it yourself.
I was like they F'd up..
I'm not the only one who has said something INCLUDING YOU so I don't know why your singling me out in your reply.

Be good to know though if they did F up like you think. It seems to be something you haven't mentioned again.

:shrug:
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Alright man, you believe what u want.

I was in shock thats y i thought they F'd upBut they did not, you don't believe me you can come down here an go for a ride. If i punch it in 2nd gear i instantly spin my 215/45-17 with 23 lbs rims each all the way until i hit 3rd and am about 80 MPH.

I'm not argueing anymore.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

If i punch it in 2nd gear i instantly spin my 215/45-17 with 23 lbs rims each all the way until i hit 3rd and am about 80 MPH.
Is that with or without the slicks?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

On street tires...if i am rolling at 40-50 MPH, and punch it i will instantly spin the tires like i dumped the clutch from a dead stop. and the front of the car gets sideways and i have to correct the steering i hit 3rd spinning and continue to spin until mid of third.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Well...., that's a pretty exceptional time..... hell, it'd be pretty good in a RWD car

what's Ronnie Lim posting these days Kiwi?
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

In the N/A FWD rank's kelfords are the front runners 10.88 ( allmotor)
chased by gary ( ex flatmates shag ) (11.3 i think at the moment )

Mind you brice is the ulimate allmotor with a 26B rx7 10.00

My old 323 wagon with the Jport would do a 12.3
currently just broken another gearbox, so im not impressed
with the FWD at the moment, thats why im rasied eye brows
at why someone is doing so well?

Hey aston, what is the final drive ratio of a KF V6 gearbox as
there is one at pick a part at the moment, and the rate im
breaking them im not a happy camper. but need a 4.105 pinion
to suit the LSD.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Aston Wards wrote:Well...., that's a pretty exceptional time..... hell, it'd be pretty good in a RWD car
Well around here that is really nothing special. There are a good amount of Honda's here All-motor running low 12's, high 11's. and they are open diff as well.

I'm happy with my time, but i know its faster, and i will have it done real soon, as i am upgrading some stuff, to run again at a Sea level track so the video and timeslip will be as they show...no corrections. I'm going for a high 11. Which i don't see is outta my limit.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Dude you can't post a corrected time, post your real time and give the elevation, hell I run 13.8 @ 102 at almost a 1000 ft higher then you <3609 ft> with a 75 shot and only intake/exhaust on shitty all season tires...

Whats that corrected? don't forget to subtract .75 for slicks.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Rick Johnson wrote:Dude you can't post a corrected time, post your real time and give the elevation, hell I run 13.8 @ 102 at almost a 1000 ft higher then you <3609 ft> with a 75 shot and only intake/exhaust on shitty all season tires...

Whats that corrected? don't forget to subtract .75 for slicks.
Well thats fine, u wanna post what i ran then a 13.0 @ 104, but i will run from now on at Famoso track so when i run my times its the actual time so i won't here any crying.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Fair enough.
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

You think your track is bad? Mine is 5900' elevation. lol

Do that math. I ran 13.05 @ 110 on 91 octane, no intercooler, ~ 300 whp, 2.2 60'. I guess I should post a "corrected time" in my sig? Nah... I post what my timeslip says. But I suppose if I use corrections I could post a 12.xx, almost an 11.

Although, with slicks and my new turbo kit and built motor, Im well beyond that.

Be prepared when the power goes up. In the last 500 miles Ive broken 3rd gear twice. FWD gets old, Im sick of tranny swaps.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

No i think u misunderstood what i meant, I don't mean the altitude is bad. The track is crappy, no maintence and not prep'ed. Yeah i know that sucks about your elevation.

Well not everyone is fortunate to have a sea level track, so someone like you who's car is obvioulsy faster will get a slower time than me when i run at a Sea level track. Thats probably y everuyone doesn't understand how my times are just as fast if not faster than people like you with more power. All times should be posted at sea level and then they can see the real times if the car was compare on the same altitude.

Well like i said i will post what my timeslip says, so when i hit my low 12 high 11 this next time i go out it will say so on the timeslip and i will have the video. I'll just drive an extra 30 minutes to run on a Sea Level track.
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Slammed6 wrote:
No i think u misunderstood what i meant, I don't mean the altitude is bad. The track is crappy, no maintence and not prep'ed. Yeah i know that sucks about your elevation.

Well not everyone is fortunate to have a sea level track, so someone like you who's car is obvioulsy faster will get a slower time than me when i run at a Sea level track. Thats probably y everuyone doesn't understand how my times are just as fast if not faster than people like you with more power. All times should be posted at sea level and then they can see the real times if the car was compare on the same altitude.

Well like i said i will post what my timeslip says, so when i hit my low 12 high 11 this next time i go out it will say so on the timeslip and i will have the video. I'll just drive an extra 30 minutes to run on a Sea Level track.
Yes I agree with you. Most people will never believe me when I say a 2G MX6/PGT is a 16.6 second car here, period.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
rich-k
BANNED Member

Post by rich-k »

dams thats a good time dude

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”