misfire

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sinhron

misfire

Post by sinhron »

Hi there,
I noticed something with my car today, as it runs, Maybe every 5-6 seconds the car kind of misfires, and than runs normal again, Has this happened to anyone, if so , how did you fix it ?
BTW my spark plug wires are good,
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

When is the last time you did the timing belt/water pump.
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
sinhron

Post by sinhron »

about 100 000 km ago :)
92MX3black

Post by 92MX3black »

i noticed my 92 GS does the same thing.. i didnt notice it last summer when i bought the car, but now through the winter time i noticed the misfire and also when driving the car seems to not have any power and wants to sputter. i through a few codes through the CEL and the 02 sensors are 3 of the codes so im assuming i have to fix that . that may solve my problems and possibly yours
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

the 02 shouldnt cause missfire, maybe backfire due to excessive fuel consumption and fuel being thrown into the catalytic converter. missfires are generally timing or ecu issues.
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

sinhron wrote:about 100 000 km ago :)
Your definately due for the timing belt and water pump "if you haven't replaced the water pump b4". Your timing may be off
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”