Painters?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Darcy

Painters?

Post by Darcy »

I need a bumper painted and was curious if any of you had any suggestions on getting it done relatively inexpensive.
I have a bumper that needs painted from black to red, and that is all. No installation, removal or anything.

Am I better off just taking it down to Maaco or something like that? My only requirement is that the color is matched so that a casual looker couldn't tell the difference. I am planning (long term) a full car paintjob down the road, so that is why I'm not too concerned about details.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

should be $100-$120 to paint bumper
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Thanks for the benchmark.

Too bad that I am getting off easier than the SUV that I hit. it was a fricken factory-installed hitch that took the most of the damage and it bent a bit, so I'm looking to be paying out about $600 or so for that. :(

All I have to do is swap bumpers and paint it :) Gooooo parts car!
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Dean's Autobody (I don't remember what they changed their name too) should be able to get you ome exact match Blaze red. They can put into spray cans for you. All we'd have to do is just give it a light sanding and some primer before hand. Black can be difficult to cover if it's not done correctly.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
jsx

Post by jsx »

im actually a painter, well now i work for a parts company

cheapest way would to go spray bomb =)

get some adhesion promoter, flexiable primer, flexible paint ( base clear? single stage? ) and your set.

too bad you dont live in the lower mainland, i could mix you some paint and hook you up with a cheap spoting device to use real paint.

haha darcy... i think i was suppose to buy a sunroof off you a whle ago...

if you need more help pm me.
mx3monster

Post by mx3monster »

haha Im kinda in the same situation as you, I have a cracked bumper....presently looking for a new one and i need a paint job soon as i find the bumper...that is if its not black. My idea was to go to the local high schools who run an autobody shop class and see if they would be interested, no garetees if it will turn out though haha, but I'll fill you in soon as I find a bumper
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Yah, I definitely woulda sold you my bumper if I hadn't slid into the back of some jeep. Still haven't done anything with it though. It's holding together so I haven't been too worried about it :)

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”