Anyone build and sell the HEI mod?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mazda_Powered

Anyone build and sell the HEI mod?

Post by Mazda_Powered »

just wondering for future reference if anyone on the site does or can build a working HEI disti? everything but the disti unit and coilpack, so like the cap/rotor/wiring/relay/disti wiring instructions.

this isnt anytime soon, probably in a month or so. i'd just rather have someone else do it for me, test it out, and send it out.

thanks

JACK
.::Mazda::speeD::.

working on the 2nd part ;)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If so. I'd like one, too.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Pointless. Its soooooo easy.

By the time a person buys the parts and adds on their profit + shipping, you could have saved yourslef atleast $50.

I did this mod about 3 weeks ago and im VERY happy I did it.
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

I can, and I have, for people on mx-3.com b4 but I must agree with custommx3 in that it is easy to do but as with others I have helped, maybe your just not a hands on guy :shock: ...that sounded weird but no dissrespect. Some people just aren't confident working on there cars. :wink: PM me if you need more info.
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
Mazda_Powered

Post by Mazda_Powered »

lol i'm confident with working on my car. i'm doing a full mx3/klze swap on my protege gt in a month or 2 :)

should i just use my ZE disti cap? or get those pre-built caps i've seen on a website? or just tap the mx-3 disti i'll be using?

JACK

Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Id just mod a cap, its VERY easy, just need a small drill bit the size of the screw in the power tower and maybe a countersink.

You need the coil wire anyways and the MSD coil wire comes with one.

I had a ZE disty cap, but the band it in it didnt seem to have continuity with the coil wire connector.
Mazda_Powered

Post by Mazda_Powered »

thanks man

JACK

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, Thanks!
I'm an old school mechanic, and just need to overhaul my confidence on cars with brains.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MX3 GSR for dummies

fowljesse wrote:Yeah, Thanks!
I'm an old school mechanic, and just need to overhaul my confidence on cars with brains.
check your pm
8)

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

It took me around 40 minutes to do, I didnt bother with the coil,. its the hei what goes bad most of the time , cost.. 25 dllrs !! I am confident my car will NOT stall anymore because of the dammed hei.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

You mean ignitor :)
MX3 GSR for dummies

Custommx3 wrote:You mean ignitor :)
I figured I wouldn't pick on him!!!! Don't be mad at the HEI....he's our savour!

Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

LOL...

Well, I wouldnt say Savior.. more of insurance against breakdowns ;)..
well.. maybe reassurance.
MX3 GSR for dummies

Custommx3 wrote:LOL...

Well, I wouldnt say Savior.. more of insurance against breakdowns ;)..
well.. maybe reassurance.
I spent 1300 on distys until I figured out the HEI conversion and haven't even flinched about concern of breakdown due to the HEI....It's a cheap redilly available part and therefore, in my books, an awsome upgrade! It was so stupid when I was scared to warm up my car for too long worried that I would come out of the house to find my car not running anymore and I was hitched for wheels that day or two!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”