upgrade rant

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
4gotn

upgrade rant

Post by 4gotn »

you people make no sense...new guy comes...you tell him to get a paint job or put rims or new shocks/springs on his car first >_<
wth?
i dont understand why you people do this
you should start out with a simple cai/ram air setup...preferably somethign small incase you do the ever so popular engine swap and then get someone to run you straight piping to a DECENT muffler...no fart cannisters...then you should decide if you want to keep your car with its pretty little engine or start pounding a chevy 350 or some other bull shiz in there with a sledge hammer and then do basic headers intake and head work and THEN .... THEN .... AFTER ITS FINALY ALL DONE.... THEN MAKE IT LOOK PRETTY...add all your fancy rims and guages and whatnot (necessicary guages for turbo, etc. not counted) and put your monster tach that you can see from a mile away and get the fluffy carpet of doom and the seats so plush you cant even tell if youve fliped your car because your so comfortable and the pretty looking dash and ThE aLmIgHtY hOrSePoWeR gIvInG SHIFT KNOB OF DOOM and such
yes
thats how you should build your car...
and somewhere allong in there get a good sound system to...no one likes to hear you toot your horn when the sound isnt even ballanced
STUPID HIGH BASE/HIGH TEBBLE LOVERS
your car isnt suposed to raddle
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

There is no rule book on a set of guidelines on which order to modify a car, and there shouldn't be. Personally, I did ICE, than ZE swap, than exhaust, then CAI, then rims, then bodykit and paint...why, because that's what I felt like doing. The factors that decide is time, money, need, want and experience. Everyone is different, and to tell them how they should modify their car is completely wrong. Sure, it's alright to voice your opinion on what is is being done, and in some cases to suggest a modification before another not to waste money on doing the same work twice. And there's also upgrading parts when repairs are/will be needed, preventative maintenance time deal. But to forcibly say that a specific order is no one's buisness.

Who really cares anyway, it's going to be what it is in the end anyway, no matter where you start, it all comes down to if you want to and actually finish your project, and enjoy it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

Dude I have been watching your post here and you have really got to stop b----ing! It sounds like your out of Charlie Brown all I hear is wa wawa wa wawwawwaa, I mean go and enjoy your Rideand stop worring about what everyone else thinks. If you base your life around everyone elses opions your going to find it hard to be happy about anything you do.
Well any way welcome to the board, i dont mean to harp on you but it is your opinion of what you do that counts and no onelse's. Have Fun with YOUR CAR :D
1992 WHITE 1.6l SOHC saving for a BPT swap next year, New interior next month, and new Paint Hooray
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Like the V-Dub man says... "Oh Shnap!" :lol:

That was a little harsh but I kind of agree. 4gotn...your attitude towards everyone on this board has been confrontational. It is cool to disagree but you are bashing on the people as much as their ideas. I would ask that you just simply be respectful and I guarantee you will get the same in return, and if not we will bust on that fool. :lol:
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

You people?

I dont see people telling everyone to lower it and put rims on their car 1st.

Maybe 1 or 2, but not everyone.

the FIRST thing I did when I got my car was pull the motor and put a new motor in it!

Do NOT come on this forum causing Drama.

Anyone Causing drama will be banned. This is a a forum designed for Mazda enthusiest to help each other, not 16 year olds in an AOL chatroom.

Secondly, Language is NOT allowed on this forum. We are all adults here, and if your not, and you cant atleast act like it, then you shouldnt be here.

Read the rules.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=50000

Topic Closed.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”