Help Please! urgent SHIFT ROD BOLT

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bochek

Help Please! urgent SHIFT ROD BOLT

Post by Bochek »

Trying to change the clutch in my car right now and the bolt that holds the shift rod to the transmittion wont come out...

Any ideas?!?!?

Bochek
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

if the nut is off,or on for that matter,spray with penetrating oil and get off nut,hit bolt up with hammer and punch.it will come out,then do yourself a favor and clean and lube it all so the next guy,,,mite be you,,,can get it rite off,
Billyd

Post by Billyd »

did you get it off?
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Thanks for your help, in the end i did not get it off. its just stuck in there. plane and simple.

I ended taking off the other end of the shift rod and taking out the whold shift rod with the transmittion.

Thanks for your help,

Bochek
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Bochek wrote:
I ended taking off the other end of the shift rod and taking out the whold shift rod with the transmittion.

Thanks for your help,

Bochek
you didnt have to do that.... if you strech back the rubber boot where the shift rob bolts to tranny there is a 10mm bolt that will get it off for you, actually when i recently had my motor out i didnt even bother withthe shift rod bolt, i just went straight under the boot.... why struggle when you dont have to ? :)

you can still do that now, so you wont have to try and put the trans in with a dangling shift rod :lol:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”