Bushing Question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
tallymx3

Bushing Question

Post by tallymx3 »

i had alot of play in my shifter so i looked under the car and found almost all my bushings where shot. so my question is is it worth spending more for the bronzoil bushings.? also on the control arm up by the motor there is a bushing thatn looks like it can not be replaced, is ther a way to replace it or do i have to buy a whole new control arm? Thanks guys
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

ok i found that srd has a 3rd shifter bushing. has anyone used this? also are they the best place to get Bushings?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

A lot of people like the bronze oil bushings.. and if your going to do a short shifter.. they are highly recommended. If you are staying stock though.. save yourself some cash and get new ones from your mazda dealer.. they are cheap.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

i do plan on going with a short shifter. But let me tel you this RATTLING HAS GOT TO STOP IT IS SO ANNOYING :evil:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Then do something about it LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

im going to order everything on monday. so would you say that SRD bushings would be my best bet or would you recommend a better place.
1992 WHITE 1.6l SOHC saving for a BPT swap next year, New interior next month, and new Paint Hooray
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

SRD is your best bet.. if I wasnt buying them there.. the only other ones I would consider would be from mazda themselves.

Tunes67

tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

Thanks Tunes
1992 WHITE 1.6l SOHC saving for a BPT swap next year, New interior next month, and new Paint Hooray
Billyd

Post by Billyd »

....so did you change them out yet? If so how difficult was it? I need to do mine next weekend before this stick comes out in my hand!!!!!!!!!!!
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

im ordering my bushings tomorrw so ill let you know. but i did get under and hand check all of them and it looks like they will pop right out.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”