ZE 7 plug disti cap???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mazda_Powered

ZE 7 plug disti cap???

Post by Mazda_Powered »

hey guys, so i've heard the KLZE has an extra plug on the disti cap for an external coil back.

would i be able to use the external coil? or would i have to swap out to a regular V6 6 plug distributor unit?

thanks

JACK
.::Mazda::speeD::.

working on the 2nd part ;)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Just swap over to use the K8 disty.
You can use a 7 nipple, but you have to modify the wiring harnees and other stuff to get it running.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

PATDIESEL wrote:Just swap over to use the K8 disty.
You can use a 7 nipple, but you have to modify the wiring harnees and other stuff to get it running.
yepper, exactly like Pat told you, the 7 nipple disty has a 4 pin going into it while the k8 has 7 pin.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Mazda_Powered

Post by Mazda_Powered »

so what modications would need to be done then? because running an external coil would seem better than modding the 6 plug cap.

JACK
.::Mazda::speeD::.

working on the 2nd part ;)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Do a search on external coil in the V6 forum. I'm not sure off hand what exactly needs to be done.
I'll be doing the mod sometime this summer, but have other things on the plate right now with the MX so I haven't even started the homework yet.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Mazda_Powered wrote:so what modications would need to be done then? because running an external coil would seem better than modding the 6 plug cap.

JACK
yeah there was a thread about that , I posted pics and other members too. You should be able to find something easy.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”