tranny

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

tranny

Post by fieromx3 »

ok ive searched and i read that you can use the 2.5 litre kl-de tranny this is correct? it also said that the wiring is different. so if i got the kl-de tranny could i just use the ecu and tranny wiring harness and all work? what about the axals they ''bolt'' up to it no probs? im asking this becua the availability for the k8 atx is VERY low only found 2 of them...
Last edited by fieromx3 on February 20th, 2006, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Axels will fit np...everything wll fit (not sure on wiring) umm i might be wrong but i think 5th gear is longer.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

no no srry its the atx tranny im talkin about
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Ohhhhh...i thought that might be the case. but since you did not mention i decided to go with it. Hmm i know nothing about the atx...

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I've heard they are larger and won't fit but I don't know first hand.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

I've asked around, and been told there is no way it'll fit....., but then again there was a fellow AGES back that said he had one in his car?!

Unfortunately, even if you could get it to work, they still aren't a particularly reliable transmission...., we see plenty of KF/KL powered cars with rooted trannies.

I guess if you have either money or an engineering background you might want to have a go, otherwise let it be.... :shrug:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

o this really sux cuz ive searched the net and both the k8 tranny and kl-de tranny have the same gear ratios and heard they are pretty much the same except the 2.5 tranny is ''beefed'' up in a couple ways.....i know they are still crappy trannys but i need one temporarily and i can get one for 100 bucks so i think i might give it a go after i do more research
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

hope it works for you then, let us know how it goes...., it'd be good to know these things for sure :D

take some measurements first, no sense throwing away money
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

fieromx3 wrote:o this really sux cuz ive searched the net and both the k8 tranny and kl-de tranny have the same gear ratios and heard they are pretty much the same except the 2.5 tranny is ''beefed'' up in a couple ways.....i know they are still crappy trannys but i need one temporarily and i can get one for 100 bucks so i think i might give it a go after i do more research
Ive seen in the wreakers a lot and i mean a lot! of 2.5 trannies that
have kicked it, they an't beefier by any means.

Mannual conversion time perhaps???
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

id love to so much kiwi but i dont got the money rite now to do it
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Mazda_Powered

Post by Mazda_Powered »

AWESOME! (sorry for squeezing in on your thread) but i can use a 2.5 tranny for when i do my KL swap in the protege???

JACK
.::Mazda::speeD::.

working on the 2nd part ;)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”