(WTB) MX-3 Doors and Hood

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
justin h

(WTB) MX-3 Doors and Hood

Post by justin h »

I'm having little luck, finding resonably priced doors nearby at the junkyards.
I need both doors. Preferably in black or teal (tropical emerald metallic). I definately need the driver's side, but only somewhat need the passenger side. I need a hood also, preferably in black.
I'm having my car painted and need to replace mine because of dents and damage. Therefore, I'm looking for all items to be in pretty good condition.

Thanks,
Justin
skylineracing07

Post by skylineracing07 »

have doors but i live in nd and shipping would be a killer bolth in emerald green
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

I have a hood in emerald green , but im in PA -50 + shipping its yours
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Too bad you are so far away because my son may be parting out his black mx

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
cduBBz'915

Post by cduBBz'915 »

i have both doors, and a hood. But mine are in silver. Well you said that you would be painting your car so it shouldn't matter but, if you are interested let me know and we'll go from there!
Curtiss Denson

93' soon to be BP Powered!! with added goodies.......
(coming June '08)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/349197
justin h

Post by justin h »

Skylineracing07: What condition are the doors in? Could you check into the shipping cost? My zip code is 78751. And, how much are you looking to get for the doors?

Mazdamaniacmx3: Any dents? Could you get me a shipping estimate for the hood?

I figure shipping for everything will cost a bit, so I'm prepared. A couple of years ago I had a door and a fender shipped for around $50, but the door got messed up in shipping.
I am really only looking for green or black. I'm really picky about opening the door or hood and seeing unmatching colors. I'm going to get the door jambs painted, but I don't want to mix things up (with the exception of black).
Thanks for all of the replies.

Justin
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

i have both doors silver, and a silver hood. no dents, great condition. email me d_cipolla@sbcglobal.net i live in indiana, and would be willing to ship them, i also have a bunch of other parts too.

dominic
RIP 95 rs
justin h

Post by justin h »

Does anyone know roughly how much the doors or hood weigh? My estimate for one door is about 80 lbs. Does that sound about right?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Gut the doors prior to shipping to loose a ton of weight. Remove the glass so that you don't have to worry about it breaking and it will save a ton more weight. I bet a gutted door weights around 30 pounds tops. As for the color match have the doors painted off the car and they can get all the nooks and crannies so that it all matches.

The hood is just going to be expensive.

I honestly don't think anyone is going to be able to ship doors and a hood for less than what you'll pay locally at a J-Yard. If you can get one, a freight company will charge about 100 per crate. That means that someone is going to have to build a crate to ship the parts in and find a pallet to use as a bottom, but it will be cheaper than Fed-Ex, USPS or UPS.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
justin h

Post by justin h »

TTT

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”