overheated, cut out... now won't start. help please!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Wilhelm_Fink

overheated, cut out... now won't start. help please!

Post by Wilhelm_Fink »

I know wot your gonna say, "blown head gasket."
But I've noticed other people's cars start up OK after overheating, even with serious head gasket problems.

I checked the spark plugs, they are black and burned out, any chance replacing them will at least get it started for now, or am I not gonna be that lucky?
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

chances are your definatly not that lucky. if it wont start at all its the head gasket for sure. it happens to the best of us.
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Well, seeing as you have to replace them anyways it is worth a shot. Ya never know really. Cars are wierd.
steelcity3

Post by steelcity3 »

did you check water for oil or oil for water? that is a sign of a blown head. Did it blow white smoke?
Life's fast Drive a mazda naked....
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

steelcity3 wrote:did you check water for oil or oil for water? that is a sign of a blown head. Did it blow white smoke?
iv blown two head gaskets due to bad milling and over heating, and neither time did water ever apear in the oil or oil in the water. so it doesent always happen. but normally it a definate sign
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmmmm thats odd...did the engine seize ? i had that happen on a buick when it overheated..4 cyl 2.0 :(also could be cracked block and gasket.. pleasenever run these cars hot :( its crusial to turn them oiff as soon as it reaches the H and have it towed its cheaper.. (unless you live in the middle of nowhere like me) usually the fans fail anf this happens :/ i hope it all goes wll for you man.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”