Exhaust Help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gfresh

Exhaust Help

Post by Gfresh »

I'm looking to fit my car with a cat-back exhaust system, more for sound than performance, and I'm into the deeper sounding exhaust, not the high ricer sound. I'm running a stock 94 GS at the moment, with the HEI ignition module fix, and I plan on swapping in a KLZE in the future, but I have a few questions.

I'm wondering if anyone has set up a working dual exhaust system with the K8, and I'm also wondering as to what kind of exhaust to go with now that will work fine for the moment, and will work in the future with a KLZE. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Gfresh
Green Machine --1994 MX-3 GS 5-spd-- HEI Ignition Modded
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well if u want it loud with throaty tone 2.5inch pipe with a magnaflow muffler maybe. a 2.5in pipin on a k8 with a straight thru muffler sounds high revving powerful if urs would turn out the same way as mine, but with that 2.5in and straight thru it is LOUD AS HELL that u cant stand it. id go with 2 1/4inch pipin with a magnaflow muffler and maybe with a resonator
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

If you know the sound you want, places like Noyz Boyz can usually build you an exshaust to match, and its not that much more than buying a prefab exshuast. They did my old integra's and they did an awsome job

As for the dual exshaust, if you want it just for looks then it would be easier to just put a splitter, break it off after the rear suspension. As for making it break off from each manifold, that would be tricky, running 2 converters, 2 sets of pipes and not to mention the lack of space, but anything can be done.
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
sk8erdude28

Re: Exhaust Help

Post by sk8erdude28 »

Gfresh wrote:I'm looking to fit my car with a cat-back exhaust system, more for sound than performance, and I'm into the deeper sounding exhaust, not the high ricer sound. I'm running a stock 94 GS at the moment, with the HEI ignition module fix, and I plan on swapping in a KLZE in the future, but I have a few questions.

I'm wondering if anyone has set up a working dual exhaust system with the K8, and I'm also wondering as to what kind of exhaust to go with now that will work fine for the moment, and will work in the future with a KLZE. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Gfresh
I am willing to sell my Magnaflow muffler to you. It's only been used for about three weeks. It's 2.25" in with dual 3" outs. Fully polished stainless steel. In cludes hanger. It's just too loud for me. i want mine as quiet as possible.

PM me if you're interested.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”