it will idle fine...but spits pops hesitates....

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
AllisMitchChalmers

it will idle fine...but spits pops hesitates....

Post by AllisMitchChalmers »

It spits pops and hesitates when you mash on the gas from idle. This thing will idle smooth and everything but will act like it is out of time. It did die on me the other day going down the road at about 45 mph. Can anybody give me a good idear on whats going on here. Im a Nissan/Honda mechanic and I dont know all that much about these hear b---- cars hehe jk jk :lol:
AllisMitchChalmers

Timing belt is fine, three spark plugs are pitch black? I need urgent help! I got to get my sister out of my Aerodeck!
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

is your exhaust restricted,, maybe clogged catalitic converter?were the plugs wet?are your ign wires good?cap and rotor?chec them all and replace if old.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

i would check your timing. check to see if the plugs are in good shape. but it sounds like your car is out of time.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

AllisMitchChalmers

My plugs did look a little wet except for one. They are pitch black. Wires, roter, cap...all that s--- is new. I am going to replace the belt and if she still wont run right then something is up with the fuel. It has been running a tad rich with a brand new O2...
Cynic94rs

Distributor, perhaps.

Post by Cynic94rs »

It may be your distributor. A problem with my distributor went from intermittent to constant and the symptoms were the same: perfect idle, but stuttery, stumbly hesitation when on the gas. The car would not rev past 2000 rpm.

Turned out I had bad secondary coil -- but you replace the coils and distributor together as a unit on the b6.

Good luck tracking down the problem.
AllisMitchChalmers

Well I know where to get a distributor from. I went to the u pullit and I found a MX same color, year, everything. Not sure whats missing off of it.
Bbqman218

Post by Bbqman218 »

Have you gotten the distributer yet ? Any changes ? Im haveing similar results on my 94 mx3.
AllisMitchChalmers

I havent gotten around to messin with it...been workin and takin care of school. I got the timing belt and such today so let me get that on and see whats crackalackin. I dont see how such things can go out on a car with 94k on the clock. Arent Mazdas made by Ford?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”