having trouble in the middle of swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

having trouble in the middle of swap

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

im in the middle of my ze swap and i was puting the flywheel from my old k8 on the ze and i cant remember where or how this little spacer type thing goes its about 2 or 3 inches around and about 2 cms thick with holes just like the flywheel for bolts and me being an idiot as always i didnt pay good atention when i was taking off the flywheel so i didnt know how it went on and i tryed it one way and i ended up shatering the spacer....if anybody knows what im talking about please help me out i need to finish this car and its driving me crazy...thanks
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you shattered it trying one way then the answer is easy, put it on the other way when you get a new spacer...
Best I remember it goes behind the fhywheel. (between the flywheel and the motor)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

any ideas on where i can find one?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

is it automatic? I got one... if its auto. As far ans flywheel and engine if u got manual..there is no spacer. just flywheel then straight cam shaft
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

now im even more confussed now i gotta figure ut where this thing goes i was pretty sure it was between the engine and the flywheel but maybe i was wrong
mx3ze

Post by mx3ze »

No spacer on flywheel and manual tranny. Take a look on this link! http://mx3ze.blogspot.com/
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yup no spacer...dam thats a ze with quitea few miles ...anywho... theres only a spacer if its automatic..i took one off the kfze when i took off the auto flywheel. The manual one just sits on top.. Im guerssing what you can cal a spacer is that little bearing in the center?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

thats cool but now i just gotta figure out what the heck i have ill have to take a pic as soon as i can and show everybody because if it doesnt go there then i gotta figure out where it does go ...
thanks
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

did your ZE come with an Auto tranny on it?
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

my ze came with the auto flywheel but not the trans
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

when you take the Auto Fywheel off i believ there was 2 spacers...one on the front of the Auto flwheel and one behind...but when you install your Manual Flywheel you do not use any spacers at all.

Its not that hard. :?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah dump the ze spacer..you dont need it! just swap everything from the old k8 in it.. im almost done with mine!
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”