Progress so far....(video)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
millaj01

Progress so far....(video)

Post by millaj01 »

Wanted to post a quick video....it's basically just a walk around of my car from exhaust to engine bay featuring a KLZE soundtrack. :D Definitely not as exciting as the footage Gro posted a while back, but more of a thank you to the board.

Culmination of a ZE swap, OBX headers, 2.25" custom exhaust, Magnaflow pre-silencer and silencer, KL31 ECU, thermosensor mod, and Acura Integra mod'ed CAI. I just replaced my PRM+stock setup with the Acura eBay intake....thanks for everyone's great pics and walkthroughs on that. Wasn't too difficult.

In any case, you'll notice the high idle. Still working on that. Anyways, here's the link.

http://mighty-joe-young.com/exhaust_intake.mov
'93 MX-3 GS Image
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Very nice Jay. MagnaFlow has to be the best performance and sounding system there is for our car. Ya, big time high idle. TPS adjustment time for a start. Also, I've noticed with a fair amount of new ZE installs is that the throttle cable routing needs to be freed up a bit and allowed to go straight over the IM and curve back to the firewall so as to have the straightest and least restrictive path possible - helps prevent cable from occassionally sticking or catching. Make sure there is plenty of slack in the throttle cable when adjusting cold. When the engine is at it's hottest, check to se how much slack you have in the cable then, then adjust accordingly.
Sounds sweeeeeeet!!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
slowmx3

Post by slowmx3 »

sounds real nice! Anyone wanna buy an HKS hi-power muffler??
1992 mx-3, a couple mods, i'm still a n00b
---Don't try and church your car up, MX-3's aren't fast---
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Looks linke your link doesnt work :?
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

no workie for me either :(

*edit* ok got it :) ...sounds awesome
Last edited by relisys_3200 on August 21st, 2005, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

nvm, I let it load int he new window and it did lol...sounds good man, nice looking motor.
millaj01

Post by millaj01 »

jschrauwen wrote:Ya, big time high idle. TPS adjustment time for a start. Also, I've noticed with a fair amount of new ZE installs is that the throttle cable routing needs to be freed up a bit and allowed to go straight over the IM and curve back to the firewall so as to have the straightest and least restrictive path possible
Thanks for the tips....I definitely need to start looking into my idle issues more. I know when the garage did my swap they noted it was tricky getting the throttle cable to reach...very tight. It's weird.....from a cold start, or if I blip the throttle, it will start at/go down to about 900RPM (the RPM I set the air adjustment screw on the TB for), but then wait a few seconds and it'll surge back up to a steady 1400-1500. On top of the high idle, it sometimes 'wanders' like there's a vacuum leak or something. More research for me.

In any case, when I'm not idling, engine performs great. In fact, I definitely surprised a guy in a Lotus Elise last night. He was with his girl and all so I'm sure he wasn't looking to race anyone, but I think the last car he expected to blow by him was a little ol' MX-3.
'93 MX-3 GS Image
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

thats awesome dude, how much did it cost you to swap the motor in? how does the power feel compared to the k8?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”