Brembo CDS Rotor Problems

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
JoBoMX3

Brembo CDS Rotor Problems

Post by JoBoMX3 »

I've put on just under 1000KM's with my new Brembo Cross Drilled Slotted Rotors and the zinc plating is already flaking off. Has this happened to anyone else after only that many KM's?

I had some brake dust problems before that seem to have worked itself out, but now I can visibly see some rust and flaking. I'm not too happy about it at all.

I'm going to phone Brembo tomorrow and see if they'll do anything about it. Until then. Any suggestions? Anything like this happen to you guys with your rotors?
Chicks dig orange cars
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Don't call Brembo b/c they only make unplated blanks for our cars. Another company buys the blanks, drills, slots and plates them and then resells them to you. You need to call the the people you bought the rotor from. Brembo will not be any help.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Pat's correct. Contact the seller not Brembo. Same thing happened w/my CD brembos but I'd already been told by others not to expect too much from the coated/plating process so I wasn't surprised. G'luck though.
Image -Jim
JoBoMX3

Post by JoBoMX3 »

Thanks guys. I didn't even notice that. I'll give them a ring
Chicks dig orange cars
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Oh sh*t!!!......, I've got a fresh set of CD Magnum rotors fr and rr that were CAD plated before they were shipped. I went with the plating trying to avoid the rust thing and also the bling paint thing. Hope it isn't all for not. JoBo, I'm assuming that you did the tedious bedding in process of the rotors.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I bedded mine. I don't think that will effect the plating any though. My Brembo's and the plating are fine still... Must depend on who does the plating cause it should hold up forever.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”