I can't figure out how to put this aluminum gas pedal on

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Mazdaspeed96743

I can't figure out how to put this aluminum gas pedal on

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Sup guys umm.. I got this Hercules Car aluminum sports pedals to dress up the stock pedals and I cant figure out how to put it on my MX-3 accelerator pedal. Heres some pics of how th pedal looks=

Front = Image

Back and more parts = Image

It says that you dont need no drilling to fit the pedals. I fit the brake and clutch pedals just fine with the brackets in the back but this accelerator is a different story. What a pain in the @$$ this pedal is :x took me all afternoon yesterday and I cant figure out how you guys do it.. ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Sorry
sk8erdude28

Post by sk8erdude28 »

unscrew the screws. does that silver plate come off? If it does, put it behind the pedal, and the cover in front of it. use the screws to hold it in place.

have u tried that??

I ad aftermarket pedals. For 3 days. THey were bigger, and whenever i tried to brake, i clipped the gas. One day when I was going to work over a snowy road, I started slipping a bit and tried to slow down, hit the gas, and that helped me get into the ditch.
Mazdaspeed96743

sk8erdude28 wrote:unscrew the screws. does that silver plate come off? If it does, put it behind the pedal, and the cover in front of it. use the screws to hold it in place.

have u tried that??

I ad aftermarket pedals. For 3 days. THey were bigger, and whenever i tried to brake, i clipped the gas. One day when I was going to work over a snowy road, I started slipping a bit and tried to slow down, hit the gas, and that helped me get into the ditch.
Yeah I tried that and the pedal just slipped off when I was cruising today. I think I should do that and stick the double tape on the stock pedal so it holds it down more and hopefully that'll work :) thanks for the help though man!.

What?? OH YOUR SCARING ME NOW!!!
sk8erdude28

Post by sk8erdude28 »

Look at your pedals. how mych bigger are they than the stock ones?? You just gotta remember that.. Also, the screws were long, so I REALLY had to get on the clutch to start my car. The screws were actually hitting the floor.

I got mine (they were silver/CF ones from Ractive) off ebay for 15 (cad) shipped, so I wasn't too upset about throwing them out.

If you were REALLY determined, you could probably just find a drill bit and drill through the stock pedals and do it like that.
Mazdaspeed96743

Nah I don't want to drill. but I put the pedal on, you can kinda see the top of the stock pedal above but main thing its on tight.

And about the long screws.. It affects the acceleration because the when you floor the stock pedal the car revs faster and when you have screws touching the floor the car revs slower I was wondering if this would happen because if it does rev slower then mor rathers well keep the stock pedal.

The sports pedals is much wider than the stock.
Mazdaspeed96743

By the way I know what that black thing is that looks like a cap and rotor, its actually a thing you put in the shift knob so when you tighten it it doesn't twist.
billzie

Post by billzie »

IMO, if you do this mod it's best just to drill into the stock pedals, it won't hurt them and barely noticible when removed.
Bill.
91 Mecrury Tracer LTS, 5spd, pw/pl, p moon/sunroof, got BPT! (on pallet)
69 Nova, my Grandpas' car, total trainwreck gonna take 20, no, 30 years to fix
03 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LT, sorry I bought it
02 Mercury Sable Wagon LS Premium, wifes
79 Camaro Z/28, sorry I sold it
93 Mercury Tracer Wagon, Sold for scrap
91 Mercury Tracer LTS, SOLD yippee

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”