Rotors

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Keira

Rotors

Post by Keira »

I just put new rotors on about 3 months ago and they are already rusted.
I have been looking into getting some zinc or cadmium coated ones but I havent found many available for the mx3. I dont want to spend a ton and i dont want slotted or crossed drilled or anything special, just ones that wont rust.

Does anyone know of any good brands or types of rotors that dont rust right away?

I have found these
http://www.frozenrotors.com/Search.bok? ... X-3+Rotors
and I like them, but if i can find some cheaper that would be nice.
thanks
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

you can search on eBay, they always have cross drilled rotors for cheap taht are supposably zinc or cadium plated, have a look. A tip also, if you get new rotors you can always get some Zinc rust-proof paint (not sure what its called) and tape off the rotor where the brake touches the paint the parts where rust forms, this protects it from rust.

Here is a link on eBay, hehe its a long link:

http://search.ebay.ca/mx3-rotors_W0QQso ... Z1QQfsooZ1
sk8erdude28

Post by sk8erdude28 »

I've always had doubts about these rotors. WOuldn't the coating just burn off the first time you do a high speed brake?!
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

Post by Dominicanchu_Nmbr1 »

thats what i'm wondering. it would suck azz to have to recoat them every week.
-=[Irving A.]=-
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

so cross drilled rotors from ebay will work? anyone have any bad expoeriences ? they fit exactly? My rotors are super thin and I need enw ones. I want cross drilled ones.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

well ya the coatinig will come off where u brake! but it doesnt rust there does it?!. What I meant is that area that is on top and the center where it usually rusts you add a extra coat of Zinc or anti rust paint, this will stop the rust. Also, those brembos on eBay are really good, there is no issue there.
Legato626

rotors

Post by Legato626 »

I am not sure if the guy is still on ebay but there was someone was selling all 4 power slot rotors for 115 bucks. If thats not a deal you should be shot man. =)
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Keira

Re: rotors

Post by Keira »

Legato626 wrote:I am not sure if the guy is still on ebay but there was someone was selling all 4 power slot rotors for 115 bucks. If thats not a deal you should be shot man. =)
I saw those. why are they so cheap?
Legato626

brakeing

Post by Legato626 »

its ebay man i jsut got a new 15in 1500watt RMS crossfire BMF for 100 bucks that sub is a $400 sub. Thats ebay man cheap and good if you know what your doing. I got my B&M shifter for 40 bucks thats like what $110 for are cars from stores. If i didnt get my sloted yet i would have used the $145 i spent on jsut my rear's to get that. I say if you have the money get the rotors but do ask him if they were ever used. At the pic it looks like they were never used but he could have cleaned them. If not who cares you can always get the rotors cut to. But for all 4 power slot rotors for $115 thats less then i spent on my rear's and they were the cheaper ones the fronts are more.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”