Stop the new gas Tax!!! please Vote!

Off-Topic Discussions
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Yea gas in the us seems more expensive than normal but actually we are paying less than we almost ever have when you consider inflation. Gas prices in the 80's were way worse than they are now. I don't know about the canucks but we americans are b----ing about something that really isn't that bad. I still don't like paying what we pay though
Meep

Post by Meep »

I haven't really gotten mad at the change in gas prices because well I've only been driving for 2 years and its fluctuated very little. Plus, as it has been explained to me, the area I live in, gas prices haven't gone up to much. It used to run about 0.70 when I was in middle school but has steadily increased in the past 7-9 years. I've heard it stretch to exorbitant amounts in other areas of the US so I'm not complaining. My brother, who was stationed at Edwards AFB in CA, was telling me it was running around $3 there and that was a few years ago.

The gas station just across the street from my neighborhood (that I've lived in since I was about 5) has regular unleaded at $2.09. However, at some other places in town, I've seen it down to $2.03. I'm about to drive to Ft. Gordon and I'll see how the prices run there but they usually run a bit less on the military bases if you can have access to them. I think it was around $1.98 last time I checked.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

I remember the sub $2.00 days. . . hard to find anything under 2.40 now.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I remember 1.00 for gallon of unleaded
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

it cost me 109.2/LITRE for 91 octane here
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

It is all the governments fault.. They do it on purpose..
Let me put it this way.. Last week, 3 gas stations in the Minneapolis, MN. area were forced to stop selling petrol/gasoline. They sold under what the government wants them to sell for.. They were trying to be competitive.

Now, if that doesn't piss you off what does? Bush lying and sending many men and women to their deaths over nothing? Oh wait, that doesn't piss half the country off eather.

They are greedy bastards, every single person who runs this country is a greedy bastard.. They are after oil, and they are trying to raise taxes for gasoline in some places, and they don't let people sell gasoline for cheaper than a posted limit.

GREEDY BASTARDS :evil:
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

manowar821 wrote:It is all the governments fault.. They do it on purpose..
Let me put it this way.. Last week, 3 gas stations in the Minneapolis, MN. area were forced to stop selling petrol/gasoline. They sold under what the government wants them to sell for.. They were trying to be competitive.

Now, if that doesn't piss you off what does? Bush lying and sending many men and women to their deaths over nothing? Oh wait, that doesn't piss half the country off eather.

They are greedy bastards, every single person who runs this country is a greedy bastard.. They are after oil, and they are trying to raise taxes for gasoline in some places, and they don't let people sell gasoline for cheaper than a posted limit.

GREEDY BASTARDS :evil:
its all right, just not many people realize this
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Eh...everything has gone up in price. Even food. Remember when Denny's had the Grand Slam for $2.99? Now it's like $6.99. Freakin' not cool!! :( The food used to taste better when I knew I was getting a good deal!

I filled up yesterday, and it was $2.52 a gallon, but I remember a few months ago, or maybe close to a year ago it was almost $3.00 a gallon. I'm just glad I drive a nice little car which is good on gas, I can't imagine what people with big SUV's have to go through.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

mitmaks wrote:I remember 1.00 for gallon of unleaded
Ditto! and that was only like 5 or 6 years ago! I'm paying 2.79/gal(mid-grade)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “Off-Topic”