Do you wave at other MXers?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

Do you ever wave at other MX drivers?

Yeah, all the time!
60%
Once in awhile -- if the driver's hot
8%
No, never -- what kind of numbskull are you?
32%

Total votes: 25

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

not in my town, youd get shot at etc
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

I wouldnt even wave at my mom if I passed her on the road,but Im a miserable old man.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i wave or drive with them on the road, i have talked to one old guy here that has one, he is the origional owner of this 92 GS, he calls it his work car, it makes him take the long way to work :D
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Here in London UK, I always flash my lights when I see an MX-3 approaching from the opposite direction. I hardly ever get a reply - even more disturbing, I made the rather fascinating discovery that there are people out there that are incapable of recognising car shapes and designs!

Therefore, some of them driving MX-3s will not recognise another MX-3.

Then there are the snobbish drivers who wouldnt respond out of character.

Not to talk of the "tunnel vision" drivers, they see only 15 feet ahead and no further. Peripheral vision = Zero.

And don't forget those drivers in MX-3s who haven't the foggiest what sort of vehicle they are driving. And don't care.

How sad!
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Ive waved at a few of the mx's around my area though, i have yet to get a wave back and only a couple of ill follow you if you follow me sorta things, most of them have the white knuckle express going on and refuse to look at me. Except for the time when i was tuning my car about 2 days ago and pulled out behind another mx and came along side and "blew off" along side of him. The Look on his face was priceless. :shock: :o <- those 2 tied together
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

I wave all the time at any decent Mx-3 or Mx-6. Two Mx-3 drivers have pulled over & we get together every once in a while to talk about our cars - none of our other friends want to listen to us ramble on for hours. I always turn them on to the site (if they weren't here already). The sad thing is that most of the Mxs around here look really abused. As OptiX said, they don't deserve a wave.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Come on now, you can still wave at the "abused" MX-3's you all see. I mean, some people can't help it. Like me, mine isn't the best looking, but I bought it like that, and can't really afford to make it look like a new car again right now. But in a way I can see your point guys, you can kind of tell when someone is into their car or not.

I haven't waved to anyone yet, I usually look over first, and if they look over too, I will smile. Seems like alot of people have attitudes though, but I think it's just the area I live in. The whole "I'm better than you" attitude.

But if anyone in S. Florida sees me, I'm the black mx-3 with the red mx-3.com sticker on the back!! Wave at me!! :P
Jaik

Re: Do you wave at other MXers?

Post by Jaik »

Being a member of the wrangler community everyone always waves. So I will continue to do the same.
Its funny I could be having a rough day and then someone waves at me on the way home it puts a smile on my face.
92 GS, Blaze Red, Short throw, Altezza's, Eagle Alloys, Chipped = Fun times
Just bought it, can't wait to put time and money into it.
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

i wave or flash my headlights to other mx3's

even if im not driving my mx3 lol people musr be like wtf whos that idiot!
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I do it but most of the other MX-3s are random folks so they prolly don't get it.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

i wave at all the mx-3 driver's in town, i sold them their car's :) i'm a mx-3 pimp.
1993 White gs klze.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah I wave too... I try to talk to them or pull them over too if I get a chance! :freak:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re:

Post by fowljesse »

ratkon wrote:I wouldnt even wave at my mom if I passed her on the road,but Im a miserable old man.
:lol:

I wave, or flash the lights, or pull up beside them, but not as often anymore, because they NEVER seem to know what's going on. I don't know if it's because my cars don't look stock anymore, but I think most people don't notice, or care. When I find an MX-3 parked (very rare), I put a note on it about MX-3.com, and sometimes leave my number, but never got a response. When I drive my fast car, no one knows what it is (not even the Cops). The only time I got a response was when I pulled up to one, and dropped to 4th, and tore past him. It turned out it was Vancouverwa :)

I've always driven unique cars that would get a wave back, when seen by another. When I was into VWs 20 years ago, we'd put in a switch so that our headlights would "wink" at eachother :wink: I've thought about doing it to the MX-3.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

well.... if it's a chic driving.... i have gone so far as to turn around and follow her till she stops and chat
with her a minute about her car. Not yet has anyone thought their car was a big deal...
and probably thought i was nuts.... But oh well, I LUZ my 3's!
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Most women want a car to go from A to B and back........................of all of my girl friends and family..................I am the only one interested in cars beyond the A&B points ............. thanks Dad!!!

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”