I'm stupid but help me! lol

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
LooseChangeRacing

I'm stupid but help me! lol

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Heres my quick question, why did I just see a honda that can obtain 35 lbs of boost, and I see us struggling to get 10 lol. Anyway, what is the KEY FACTORS in obtaining more boost, having a lower compression, more cc's in the injectors, ability to burn the fuel quick enough? Which all, give me some insight.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

35 lbs of boost
:shock: no way...
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
forcedairram

bs

Post by forcedairram »

First things first, the honda guy was probably pulling your leg. But the key factor when boosting is proper tuning, as long as you can keep the engine from detonating you will be able to run higher boost without causing major engine malfunctions. Now the head gasket and head studs are probably gonna be the next deciding factor. Now boost is also related to the size of the turbo. For instance, 10lbs of boost on a vj 14 isnt close to being the same as 10lbs on a 16G, size of the turbo has alot to do with the amout of boost. Now if you start getting into big boost making lots of power the bottom end starts to become a problem, forged internals is definately the way to go. Take my car for example, I am running 10lbs of boost off of a 16G on stock bp internals, not only that the motor is strait out of a junkyard, so im making over 200 whp at the moment, i ran 22lbs for a cpl of hours, till i figured out my injectors werent gonna flow enough fuel. If I missed anything or you have any questions feel free to ask. Also feel free to correct me.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Grants wrote:
35 lbs of boost
:shock: no way...
Seen it before. Just because it's a honda doesn't make it bad. But Ya its all about tuneing and building the block up to handle that. There was a guy pushing 25 PSI into his Stock BP block but is in the process of building a 2.0L BP that will be able to handle more. There is a guy in Puerto Rico right now with a FE3 pushing 32psi. He runs 10's all night long...
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

ill tell you how he can run 35 psi on his honda......its easy one word........DART. dart block is how most of these honda guys are driving around boosting over 25 lbs. hell our motors are made for turbo and the bp is def made for turbo and you rarely see a bp bosting 35 psi. plus how efficient is his turbo at the amount of boost. if hes pushing 35 psi on a big turbo how much power is he making cause at 35 psi id say he better be over 500whp.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

yea way over 500whp cuz I do have a honda I have an 88crx hf that I am building a motor for that can handle hella boost with the right tuning when I am done it will be looking at around 800 whp on about 28-30psi but this can be done with just about any motor as long as it is built for that kinda power :)

Return to “Forced Induction”