Florida Mazda MX3/MX6/Probe meet in West Palm 8/13

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

Yeah...I've put SOOO many hours into mine lately. She's coming along great! All I need now is cosmetic body work and paint. Well that and all the stuff I want to do under the hood ;)

All I have to say to you guys is hang in there...
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

barbarino69 wrote:yea. That sounds pretty bad. But my car is right along with ya. The passenger side fender is all dented from a collision a few months ago, (got backed into...gotta love the elderly) the paint used to be black, but its faded in most. The hatch garnish flew off on I 95 while i was driving and got ran over a few times. The back seats are out and the interior needs work. Oh and the weather stripping on the doors is hanging off.( need to get that fixed before the next cane.) So yea, Ill show up at the meet, but I wont be showing off my car, thats for sure. lol
You know what's funny? I just re-read your post and noticed that all the stuff you mentioned is just about EVERYTHING I just got done fixing on mine! BTW I got the weather stripping from my Mazda dealer for $80. Took 3 days for them to deliver. I figured that wasn't that bad, since it was brand new...
barbarino69

Post by barbarino69 »

If you want backseats let me know, i took mine out cuz im currently designing a custom interior. I have the rear and bottom parts of the seats and I can probably dig up all the bolts (somewhere in my house) the only thing wrong with em is the carpet that covers the trunk is gone, but you can get some decent carpet from walmart pretty cheap. Let me know if your interested and Ill try to find a price on what these would cost
barbarino69

Post by barbarino69 »

awesome, I registered my mx with this website and they sent me a coupon book for 3 oil changes, $50 and $100 repairs from a local mazda dealership and all kinds of other crap, so ill probably use the $100 dollar one on the weather strips. Gotta try to locate a hatch garnish, the local junkyards dont have a good selection on mx-3 parts, maybe the bulf coast yards might.....thats a drive though. Im going to start buying parts for my exterior mods in july, but wont have anything on the car till sept...oct. my body shop guy can only give me 2 days of time with the discounted rate.

What body kits do all you south florida guys have?
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I'm not really a body kit type of guy. My MX-3 does have that little lip the GS models came with. Hopefully I'll have the car's paint freshened up by the meet. I have a few goals set for the meet. Looks like suspension will be done, but paint and rims might not make it.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

I actually built a custom box for my 2 12's where the back seat WAS. I like the idea of my MX being a 2 seater anyway.

Yeah...I see a whole lot of "WTB: Hatch Garnish" all over the place. Good luck finding one. BTW... I think it's Pakfifer (did I spell that right?) that sells an OEM replacement hatch garnish for like $80 USD. Maybe that's a little high, but better than buying from Mazda if you can't find one at the junk...

I was lucky enough to find the GS spoiler along with the lip. I got those, a new spare, trunk carpet, the RARE center console, a few replacement switches, and a whole bunch of replacement interior parts for $150...mostly because the guy didn't want to deal with individually pricing the large pile of stuff I had (took 3 people 2 trips to carry it all).
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

I got a great deal last month. I just needed some new headlight brackets, and I asked for just the brackets, a battery basket, and the GS spoiler. I got it all for $40! (I haggled plenty) The best part is that the guys got sick of trying to get those little black brackets off the headlights and they just gave me both assemblies. Made my day.
barbarino69 wrote: I registered my mx with this website and they sent me a coupon book for 3 oil changes, $50 and $100 repairs from a local mazda dealership and all kinds of other crap, so ill probably use the $100 dollar one on the weather strips.

Where did you register your Mx and get all that? I need to cash in on that one! My lower radiator hose ran me $39!
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Haha, I sent him a PM asking him where he registered too. He's going to get hounded on this. Everyone loves free stuff!
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

hppwdn-

Just wondering if you still need donations. Wouldn't be able to contribute a whole lot, but if you need it, let me know.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I've only recieved $30 thus far. It's $106.50 to rent the place plus all the food etc I will have to buy. I'm accepting as many donations as I can get. If we should get donations past the cost of the meet I am going to put the money towards perf parts to give away at the meet. Little things like FPRs, shifters, intakes etc.

I've already paid the cost and deposit to rent the place, so it would be nice to get a little of it back. I was really hoping to see an influx of donations so I could come up with cool prizes to make the meet a little more exciting for people.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

well I'm still hoping to come, but have a race in Sept. and can't afford any mishaps before then. If I come I'll def. donate a bit to the cause. How many we got now, like three? hehehe.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

There will be a bunch of people there with the combined effort from MX-3.com, MX6.com and probetalk.com. I'm expecting 15-25 cars so far. Just between the people I hang out with and work on the cars with there will be 5 or 6.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Many thanks to tw1st3d_cl0wn for the donation. It's the first one from MX-3.com.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

This meet sounds like fun....I do need a vacation. Off to the beach I go. :)
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Wow, 15-25? That's alot more than I thought would go. How many from MX-3.com? Do you know?

Return to “MX-3 Meets”