How long can you listen to the stereo with the car off?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Stereo played for 9 hours with car off? :shock:
Legato626

YA

Post by Legato626 »

Ya thats how loong it took me to put my new hood and front end on 3 to 12.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

My system isn't super powerful so it doesn't drain much of anything.

I have a 55x4 RMS alpine amp and 200w infinity basslink sub, and a JVC SH9500 head unit (with the internal amp turned off). I forget if the sub is 100w RMS or 200 :shrug:

eitehr way it isn't more than 450 watts total power being used constantly so I don't really worry about the battery dieing
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Mazdaspeed96743

Does the sub slam so hard that it makes you shut your ears when sub is before distortion level?, Sorry but im just wondering hehe. I want to know how loud bass is at 200watts thats why
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

i never turn it up. Its tuned for non-distortion at the moment and the gain is about 1/3 down.

I've never really tried to blast the sub with teh gain set all the way up and the radio turned up b/c I don't see the point.

It hits plenty hard how I have it set up right now, and my radio has a sub preout and lets me adjust the output level to the sub from the head unit. I have it set on 4 out of 8 most of the time
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Legato626

2watts

Post by Legato626 »

On my 15in crossfire 200watts is all i need. You can hear me coming before you see me if thats what your wondering. I am useing just 200watts becuase i dont want to both with ratles in my car.
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Mazdaspeed96743

haha wow, Yeah having a loud system is nice but when its super rattleing loud it gets to be a bug. But anyways im getting a Resonant Engineering 8 and im going to power it on 200watts. It should be pretty loud but it won't be a system that you can hear me from blocks away but thats alright.. Thats good right? I mean at least my neighbors might not complain because they can barley hear it. My neighborhood street is like 20ft. away from peoples houses so I think im fine right? So one 8 on 200watts full blast won't rattle anyones house windows or walls right? I don't want no problems because I don't want to get into trouble.
Mazdaspeed96743

I'll just turn it down when I come down the neighborhood :roll:
Legato626

load enough

Post by Legato626 »

I got half my back of my car dynamated so i have no rattle. Dynamat is not cheap but if you know how to put it on you can stop any kind of rattle. I got a 10in crossfire p3 in the back of a miata and i dynamated the crap out of that car and there is no rattle. I installed a eclipse 5 volt and a wireless iPod connection to it so he can use his iPod.
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Legato626

8in subs

Post by Legato626 »

If you are going to use 8in sub i would say use a solo baric 8in $125/ea. I would say get 2 get a vented box and you would be set. get a nice 400watt amp like a crossfire. Or you can get a nice set of 8in DB3 subs from crossfire. http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Mazdaspeed96743

Re: load enough

Legato626 wrote:I got half my back of my car dynamated so i have no rattle. Dynamat is not cheap but if you know how to put it on you can stop any kind of rattle. I got a 10in crossfire p3 in the back of a miata and i dynamated the crap out of that car and there is no rattle. I installed a eclipse 5 volt and a wireless iPod connection to it so he can use his iPod.
Oh cool man. Shoot I have no idea on how to install Dynomat correctly. Know any site that can give some tutorials?
Mazdaspeed96743

Re: 8in subs

Legato626 wrote:If you are going to use 8in sub i would say use a solo baric 8in $125/ea. I would say get 2 get a vented box and you would be set. get a nice 400watt amp like a crossfire. Or you can get a nice set of 8in DB3 subs from crossfire. http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com
Thanks hehe. I now have a RE 8" sub. DVC so its double 4ohms. I'll definately get some pics when I get my wiring kit for my amplifier.
Legato626

dynomat

Post by Legato626 »

OK the key to dynomating is what makes rattles. In are case two parts of the car that vibrate together. Then your Gaul is to fine those two parts and put the dynomat around that area. Like what i did was i put it on top of the hatch and on the bottom where it locks. Put it in any place where to parts are touching. Sense i am going to a bigger sub and more power i am going to dynomat the hole inside right of the hatch and where it lays. My bumper vibrates a lot but i cant not stop that with out taking it off and putting dynomat on the back of it. Like in the miata i dynomated we put it around the trunk and where it lays. and alot of little peaces on the bottom of the trunk because there are alot of cross bar's that go across the trunk. We just cut out little peaces of dynomat and stuck them under it. and i put some where the trunk locks to on the trunk and on the frame. That miata does not rattle anymore. So just think about that 2 peaces vibrate together make rattles find them and put dynomat on both and it salved are problem.
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

i love not having to turn the gain up or anything....I alittle wierd though, I turn my amp all the way up (bass wise) and my bass control all the way, and I listen at like volume 25 (out of 30) for my alpine. Now thats perfect for me, becuase any higher then 25 and the crappy speakers in my doors start to cut out and all that fun jazz, and the bass is well beautiful, running 2 kicker comp vrs in a plexiglass 4 port box with about 125 rms to each, not much but still sounds nice. Anyway, I love it becuase I can get the same bass at volume 15(out of 30) if I turn up the bass on the head unit, which I run at -6 (goes to +6) hehe, I can run 10 out of 30 if I turn on LOUD HIGH too lol, you can hear my bass outside the car at volume 1 and I can't even put my ear close enough to the regular speakers to hear the music lol.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
Mazdaspeed96743

Re: dynomat

Legato626 wrote:OK the key to dynomating is what makes rattles. In are case two parts of the car that vibrate together. Then your Gaul is to fine those two parts and put the dynomat around that area. Like what i did was i put it on top of the hatch and on the bottom where it locks. Put it in any place where to parts are touching. Sense i am going to a bigger sub and more power i am going to dynomat the hole inside right of the hatch and where it lays. My bumper vibrates a lot but i cant not stop that with out taking it off and putting dynomat on the back of it. Like in the miata i dynomated we put it around the trunk and where it lays. and alot of little peaces on the bottom of the trunk because there are alot of cross bar's that go across the trunk. We just cut out little peaces of dynomat and stuck them under it. and i put some where the trunk locks to on the trunk and on the frame. That miata does not rattle anymore. So just think about that 2 peaces vibrate together make rattles find them and put dynomat on both and it salved are problem.
:o aw man sorry for the dumb question.. Its pretty com and sense (Slaps himself in the face) But thanks though.. Now I know

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”