Turbo ZE with all forged internals 10:1:1 compression.

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
RobertoCarlos

Turbo ZE with all forged internals 10:1:1 compression.

Post by RobertoCarlos »

I have not been on this board for a while due to my girlfriend being ina major accident. Now that the worst of it is behind us I can start to work on my mx again. I have been hearing a lot of people turboing their mxs lately. I am going to rebuild my ZE with all forged internals and redo the heads. I will be using a T3/T4 turbo with a FMIC upgraded fuel system and other goodies. I also have found 2 places that carry a system to get rid of our bottleneck VAF sensors and switch it over to MAP sensor and also have adjustable fuel curves via laptop program. Corksport sells one called the MAP ECU and I believe porbeaddiction sells the other. Now my question is has anyone ever used one of these? The other is given my setup will I be able to comfortable boost 10-15 lbs on theis engine. If I have to I will get a Standalone like Megasquirt but I am more wondering if the 10:1:1 compression motor will take it with proper tuning of one of those Vaf replacement ecus. Any input would be appreciated. And yes I did search the forum but found no relevant info to what I am looking for. Thanks in advance.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

with the megasquirt n spark option you can remove the vaf..You don't need what corksport sells or anyother gadget..Megasquirt uses a map sensor.
10:1 is kind of high for 15 pounds but it is doable. I personnaly wouldn't do it though. 100+ octane will be a must and try to use water/alcaly injection too to prevent pinging.
Sounds like a set-up like mine except high CR pistons.
you can check my other thread I made if you want to know the cost of what you're planning to do
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Thanks BabyBlue. I am just wondering how hard is it to install the Mega squirt. Would I have to say chop up my whole harness or does it come with some type of adapter to fit our plug ins. By the way I love the sound of your setup. I cant wait to hear what it is going to produce when you bump it up to 15lbs and the megasquirt.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

my MS came with a harness to I have to hack to the stock wiring harness, some don't. you'll have to check that with the distributor of your MS.
I'm actually finishing detailing my diagram so I can send it to ya one day if you buy the MS. Some things are different than in the probes
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Hey BabyBlue, if you could e-mail me the diagram of what you did that would be great. My e-amil address is boucher05@hotmail.com. I think I will get the megasquirt afterall. I mean it is like 400 hundred dollars cheaper than the VAF replacement and way more options. Thanks for you input.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

as soon as I finish it I'll post it on the board
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3

Return to “Forced Induction”