which octane should I use?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
glow

which octane should I use?

Post by glow »

Hi, I'm from Canada, and I don't have the manual when I got my mx3, and I was wondering what octane gas should I be using for my 94 v6?

I've been using medium grade octane (89 octane) and want to make sure I'm using the right one. I tried searching past topics and on the internet as well, but couldn't find anything. Any information would be helpful, thanks
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: which octane should I use?

Post by jschrauwen »

glow wrote:Hi, I'm from Canada, and I don't have the manual when I got my mx3, and I was wondering what octane gas should I be using for my 94 v6?
I've been using medium grade octane (89 octane) and want to make sure I'm using the right one. I tried searching past topics and on the internet as well, but couldn't find anything. Any information would be helpful, thanks
You mean the owners manual. 89 should be fine, but a lot of members have their own perspective and preference. Looking for the textbook answer - go back to the original MX-3 opening page (black on blue background). http://www.mx-3.com/index.cfm There's an online manual wrt specifications and other technical info. It will be one of your biggest assets on this BB. For new members, the FAQ and the search funtion is STRONGLY encouraged as most of your initial "newbee" questions will have more than likely been asked numerous times before, so all of those answers are also there. Good luck with your search and welcome.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

There's a bit of discussion on octane useage here
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42338

If you do a search you'll find alot of other topics concerning this also.
glow

Post by glow »

thanks for the input guys....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”