The Dang Seatbelt

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdaownz

The Dang Seatbelt

Post by mazdaownz »

Yeah, so last friday my auto seatbelt spazzed out and got stuck half way when it was going back, and now i hear this constant clanking/clicking noise comming from behind the seatbelt.

Does n e 1 know how to get to the gears or whatever controlls the seatbelt? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you
92' MX3 GS teal, mazdaspeed air intake, 15' Konig rims...soon to put about 6k into entire car, engine and exterior.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

get in your car and start it up, when they roll back(help it with your hand if its sticky). Once theyre in position (locked) take out seat belt fuse so they stay put that way.
Check mx-3.com main page for recall information on seat belts. Your local mazda dealer should fix them for you free of charge.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mazdaownz

Post by mazdaownz »

well the problem is, is that it does not go forward either, it is stuck in one fixed place and i have tried to push it along but to no avail...

Will the mazda dealership still fix that?
92' MX3 GS teal, mazdaspeed air intake, 15' Konig rims...soon to put about 6k into entire car, engine and exterior.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

yes they should fix them for free, just print out recall info and take it to your local mazda dealer, they should honor it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

:werd: You shouldn't even need to print anything out, at least I didn't, but I kinda know my dealership guys. I had mine fixed free of charge a couple months ago. Just be prepared to lose your car for two days. 1 for "measuring/analysis/some crap like that" and another once they get the parts in for the install.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”