wheel hop

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
ncmx3

wheel hop

Post by ncmx3 »

Todays track experience was normal for me but sucked. 21 seconds 1/4 mile ze at 35mph. Major problems, intake issues ill fix, but wheel hop? What is the best way to get rid of wheel hop? The other problems I had today will be fixed soon, the car should have ran 15 or less but the intake closed up and shut the engine off on the run. Any advice?
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yah fix your intake, its one of the most basic parts to fix.
and for wheel hop, you need better suspension, stiff engine mounts, good sticky tires. You can also get harder control arm bushings.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

How high are you reving the engine when launching? Consider launching at a low RPM until you can upgrade the suspension. Wheel hop is the #1 tranny killer!

Get the following:

-SRD A-Arm Bushings
-SRD Tranny crossmember bushings
-Mazdaspeed Motor Mounts (You can fill your stock ones with Shoe Goop)
-Set of High Performance Struts (I'd recommend adjustable if possible)
-Stiffer rear springs would also help
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

Wheel hop is the #1 tranny killer
That is absolutely true i have seen it happen many times at the track and also like JW said try launching at lower rpm.
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

s--- that was thefirst time i used the quote button it didin't come out the way it was supposed to but i think u getmy idea.
greek606

Post by greek606 »

definitely get stiffer motormounts. I put inserts in my Probe GT and the wheel hop problem definitely got better
96 PGT MTX Hotshot CAI, Hotshot Headers, REDLINE MT-90, REDLINE Water-wetter, Mobile 1, NGK 8 mm Wires, NGK Plugs, Greddy Catback SP Exhaust, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Venon VCN1000 Nitrous Kit. Front and Rear Strut Brace, Cross-drilled and Slotted Rotors, Clutchmaster Stage 3, Stainless Steel Clutchline, Fidanza 9lb. Flywheel, Polyurethane Motor Mount Inserts

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”