What is it with Minivans?

Off-Topic Discussions
Tunes67
Supporting Member

What is it with Minivans?

Post by Tunes67 »

I was on my way to work this morning in the fast lane of the freeway doing 70mph.. I come up past a freeway onramp and this minivan comes onto the freeway.. he is accelerating hard (I can tell from the black smoke shooting out behind him) and he just has to catch up to me.. pass me.. cut into my lane in front of me.. then slows down to 60mph. I of course pass him and make a friendly guesture to indicate my appreciation of his actions. Keep in mind that ALL THREE other lanes on the freeway are wide open!! There isnt a car in front of me for at least 3/4 of a mile, and there isnt a car behind me for well over a mile!! Now here is the kicker.. this is NOT the first time this has happened.. Minivans seem to do this all the freaking time.. quick.. get in front of the sporty lookin car and slow him down.. revenge since my wife made me buy this damn minivan. Or is it some kind of agreement that new minivan owners are forced to sign at the time they buy their minivans?

: You will, at all costs, cut off faster moving traffic and force them to slow down and pass you. If you are passed by a sporty car, you must catch upto said car, pass it and again cut them off. Remember.. you are being watched by the minivan satelite patrol system and if you fail to comply with these rules, your minivan will be impounded and your children sterilized. :

The worst offenders are of course guys driving them.. but women seem to do it too, so I just dont get it. Ok.. I am done with my rant now.. But I can see why the police dont want people to carry guns in their cars too. :rant2: :driver:

Tunes67
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

The worst are the women driving them IMO. They tend to get distracted very easily. Looking into the back seat at the kids all the time. PULL OVER TO YELL AT YOUR KIDS! I've seen drunk drivers that could keep the vehicle in a straight line better!!!
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

woman + minivan = mucho accidento
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Actually I do know a couple of ladies with minivans.. and they both seem to get in quite a few fender benders.. nothing serious.. almost like they need a special driving class to teach them how to handle a vehicle that large.

Tunes67
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

minivans... :throwup: :evil:
Image -Jim
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

My favorite is going down the 401 (longest, largest, fastest highway in Ontario) and it's amazing the mindset that these minvan driver's have. It's like, OK get in the mini van, do a memory / intelligence dump and proceed on to the nearest highway and really make life difficult for every one there. For miles and miles all you can see is mini-vans occupying the center lane. Nobody in the passing lane and nobody in the right lane and they got to stick there butt there all of the time. It drives me crazy. Maybe my driving on the Autobahn in Germany was to much of learning experience that unfortunately could never be comprehended by a majority of the driving populace here. It's like taking a step backwards when I see the pure craziness out there and the min-vans seem to exemplify this. This is coming from a former min-van driver - ya me - years ago - you know, the baby thing...yatta yatta yatta. Well at least it was an MPV....LOL.

Tune's, as always excellent subject. Maybe we should start a new forum exclusively for ranting....LOL
Thanks!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

jschrauwen wrote:My favorite is going down the 401 (longest, largest, fastest highway in Ontario)

you may be right about the longest and largest but I'm guessing you've never hopped onto the 407. That IMO is way faster then the 401 on a good day. The average speed on the 407 is 140 km/h and on the 401 its 120km/h. I've plenty of times been passed doing 140 by some person doing at least 165
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

johnnyb wrote:
jschrauwen wrote:My favorite is going down the 401 (longest, largest, fastest highway in Ontario)
you may be right about the longest and largest but I'm guessing you've never hopped onto the 407. That IMO is way faster then the 401 on a good day. The average speed on the 407 is 140 km/h and on the 401 its 120km/h. I've plenty of times been passed doing 140 by some person doing at least 165
True enough! I wonder if you have a transponder is the time you entered and exited the 407 recorded. If so, that could be very damaging if they were to make a rough calculation as to how long it took you to get from entry to exit point. Which would = real damn fast.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

I actually find SUV drivers to be terrible. Not only do they think bigger is better, but they all drive like they own the road.

Ever heard of the "Minnesota Flying Wedge"? It's where ALL lanes are moving at the same speed. I want to have a button in my car that makes a 11 inch gun pop out of my car....
I have never ever seen people drive so terribly in any other place. Also, everyone slows down to look at accidents, even when they are on the other side of the freeway... God almighty

Minivans are pretty bad, but SUVs are worse IMO.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

ROFLMAO!!!< Tunes. so damn true! :laugh:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

It's not minivans ... it's tractor trailers .. they pass me then pull in in front of me almost clipping the front end of the car ... or they'll pass me get in front of me then put on their brakes .. just being a .......... :rant2:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

here its rednecks with trucks with LOUD dual exhaust
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Meep

Post by Meep »

I've never really had a problem with minivans. My sister was upset when she had to get one after she had another baby. She's gotten used to driving it now but when she first got it, she tried to drive it like her car.

My biggest problems are SUVs and trucks. SUVs and full size trucks think, "Well I'm bigger than you so I'm going to cut you off... bite me! Oh and I won't use my turn signals either. I'm that friggin' stupid!"
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

The worst is when kids, like 16 years old, get their license, and have to drive the family minivan. Nothing funnier than seeing a kid blast the latest 50 Cent CD, windows down, trying to act cool in a minivan with a child seat in the back.

It's true though, about how the vans pass you, and when they get infront of you they slow down to like 60mph. Very aggrivating. This isn't the best thing to do, but a few times I've gotten back infront of them, and then slowed to like 50mph, until they got pissed off and just left the lane totally. I have to say though, when women do it, it's because usually they're oblivious to what's going on, especially with kids in the back, or they are on the cell phone. With men, it's like they gotta make up for not having a car they'd want, so they take it out on other people. Or... they're on their cell phone.

I never talk on my phone and drive at the same time. I find that people drive the worst when they are on the phone. They go way below the speed limit, or stop in the middle of the road, when traffic is flowing all around them, they make eratic turns without using signals, or they just get pissed off at people for no reason, because they aren't paying attention and think someone wronged them. Idiots.
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Meep wrote: My biggest problems are SUVs and trucks. SUVs and full size trucks think, "Well I'm bigger than you so I'm going to cut you off... bite me! Oh and I won't use my turn signals either. I'm that friggin' stupid!"

You're right, but you know, screw those big SUVs, we're able to navigate in traffic better, being smaller. I used to drive a Chevy Blazer awhile back, and man, it's way easier to navigate through traffic with my MX3.

Return to “Off-Topic”