rental price?!?!

Off-Topic Discussions
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

tw1st3d_cl0wn wrote:Tunes,

You're right. One time that really pissed me off was when I forgot my wallet, and he said he'd cover it. Turns out I had to pay him back. Haha. I'm nice, I don't mind paying for people, but some people really take advantage.

I've never really been formally asked out on a date, I've had 2 boyfriends and both times I approached them. So maybe they figured since I asked them, that meant I had to pay- and then pay, and pay again. Haha. I don't know. But the weird thing is, I'm single now, and still broke. You'd think I'd have lots of extra cash laying around from not having to treat people to movies and dinners.
:P
:shock: A cool Mx-chick that's never been asked out...? Look me up if you ever come up to the Jax area... I'll buy :wink:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Meep

Post by Meep »

I've had a strong dislike for BlockBuster when they tried pulling some crap some odd years ago for something we never rented.

My parents tried to rent a movie one night and the guy at the counter told them we owed them some exorbitant amount of money for a movie we never returned. My dad asked them what it was and where it was rented from. It was some Master P concert video rented in Decatur, GA (some 3-4 hours away).

Yes, my parents in their lower-50s thought it was crucial to drive the 3-4 hours to that BlockBuster to rent a Master P concert video. Then, because they love rap so much, they decided never to return it. Yeah, that's it... :roll:

Needless to say, we no longer go to Blockbuster. Besides, they jacked up the prices to cover their "No Late Fees" promise. They just make you pay them in advanced.
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

tw1st3d_cl0wn wrote:While you take a stand against buying an X-Box, I take a stand against using credit cards. I don't have a single one, because it's like I'm spending money I don't have, and that makes me nervous. Credit cards are so evil. I keep it simple. I basicly live pay check to pay check, and while sometimes I'm tempted to get a credit card, I just try to remind myself that things could be alot worse for me financially.
No one says you HAVE to spend it, but in the long term, having a credit card will play a major role in determining what kind of credit history you have and the reason why you would want to have credit history is that later in life, if you're going to ever want to apply for something big like a mortgage, having good credit will make it so much easier on yourself. You don't need to have a card with a huge limit on it either. Just get a small one from your bank for $500 or $1000. Get one that has little to no annual fees and offers some sort of bonus program like AirMiles incentives or something like that which will suit you and as long as you use it and pay it off consistently, you'll have a good standing history in a matter of just a couple of years. I use mine everywhere almost like a debit card to rack up AirMiles which I can claim to either get discounts off flights or to redeem them for some knickknack on their catalog. The other one that I use helps me get discounts off my groceries when I use it. At the end of the day/week, I look at all those receipts I have and just transfer funds from my bank account to the credit card. It's always + $1, - $1. So it's not like I'm spending money I don't have if I just transfer money into the credit card right away. Besides, it's easier to track payments that way and lowers any risk of actually getting too deep into debt or racking up sick interest.
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Chiggles,

You make alot of good points there, about how having a credit card can help establish good credit. But for me, it's difficult. Even though I personally have never had a credit card, I have bad credit due to my mother putting cards, or bills in my name, and basicly over spending or not paying bills. Happened when I was younger. I couldn't get a card even if I wanted one. She did this to my father also, before they were divorced.

I guess seeing the way my mother handled credit, it just totally turned me off to it. Doesn't really mean the credit cards are evil I guess, just means certain people who use them are irresponsible. Maybe in the future I'll change my mind on it, but right now I just don't even want to have one. Thanks for your opinion though.
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Damn girl, that's harsh that your mom ruined your credit history for you even before you knew what to do with it. I'd be so pissed off if my parents did that to me. Only time will help it heal now. Scars on your credit history eventually fade away after about 7 years, I think. You can talk to a financial advisor at the bank you deal with to guide you through on things like that and what to do to make things better. After that, you get your chance to rebuild and start fresh. Til then, do what you can to dissociate your mom from stealing your identity. Letting it go will only drag your credit history's "healing" process out longer. Good luck, TC! :)
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Woohoo! 7 years and I'll be good as new! Haha. I'll be 29. :?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I rebuilt my credit rating in 3 years.. went from a low 400 credit rating to 780. 7 years usually applies to people that declare bankrupcy. The important thing is to not be late with ANY payments, even if your only making minimum payments.

Tunes67

Return to “Off-Topic”