Just put nitrous on the K8....

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
What

Post by What »

Actually, if you're serious about having some fun, I think I may have a cold start injector from long ago if I can find it... it was attached to a stainless braided line to a common fitting for a fuel line on a Swift.

What are their timing 'reccomendations'?
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Yea I was thinking about the cold start injectors, Gus Mahon style, I just found out he's dead, and died a while ago, while I was talking to a dodge nut with a pretty nice turbo shadow. Apparently it was a motor cycle accident, and Cam waugh bit it pretty good to in regina on a minibike awhile back, they thought he was braindead for a while there, but he's back at it again. I know I would kill myself if i got a bike, so I stick to cars.

Anyways ya if you could donate/loan/sell me the injector that'd be great, I just got the car off the stands I'm going to put the o2 sensor right after the y-pipe/cat flange.

Regarding the stock pump, I'm not sure I will keep it or not I doubt it's any good past 200whp, things will probably get pretty lean around the #6 cylinder if I keep it, and if that thing even hiccups when spraying....bang!

I went out to race city on april 22nd with the SRT-4 and ran a 14.3 completely stock, the best time I've heard of/seen is 14.1 with decently done up SRT-4, I even beat a stage 1 there my first race :twisted:
What

Post by What »

A friend of mine was talking about a bunch of SRT4s that showed up at the track one day, I was wondering if you had went down.

I'll try to look for that injector today, I rough idea of where it should be in the mess of the garage.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Yea I was there on the 22nd racing and there was a bunch 6 maybe. hopefully late aftenoon today I can get a start on the wideband install. As far as timing goes I should be retarding it 4 degrees for 75hp. IF I get a bigger jet I'll probably go -6 for a 125. The tricky part is making the timing stick.
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Hell yeah, sounds like some good stuff. Keep that thing really rich and like another said, hit it at high rpm's never low.

I have safely doubled the HP on my KL (over 300 at the crank) with absolutely no problems. Been beating on it for like 12k miles. I do run 11:1 AFR though. I run 3 cold start injectors and an FMU.

I think a dual stage 75 then 175 can be safely coaxed out of a K series V6. My turbo is the equivalent to like a 175 shot n20 or more, and my KL takes it great.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

11:1 is super rich, but If i recall correctly your non-intercooled? Have you done anything for timing?
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I got the o2 bung welded in and plugged for now, but now I'm out of nitrous dammit. I need a gauge pod or something for the A/F gauge....
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

I havent done anything for timing. I am non intercooled, but I run water injection. It helps great with running aggressive timing and boost on pump gas and it cools the charge temps tremendously. But yeah, 11:1. Better safe than sorry. I learned that the hard way.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Ok I just finished installing the Wideband Commander. Everything seems to be working, I haven't gotten all the analog inputs hooked up yet. At startup it's a little lean it seems, = 15.5ish and then once warm it's right at 14.7, on deceleration in gear its super lean, like 18. And when I punch it, it goes to about 11.5 Do these AFR seem normal to you guys? I think they're ok

The only reason why I ask, is that I have a few codes coming up, and today on my way home before the install, I got a CEL. and it keeps coming on, I checked my codes and it looks like the usual suspects:

02 'NE2' crankshaft position sensor
10 Intake air temperature sensor
08 Volume Air Flow sensor (VAF)

I'm going to bench test my VAF and see if it's running properly..... could just be a faulty ground or corroded terminals.
What

Post by What »

most imports run fuel cut on decelleration - no fuel injected. The max lean reading is 18:1 on the dynojet or it would actually read leaner than that. :)

Return to “Forced Induction”