Where are the fuses for the cruise control

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
AlexMX3

Where are the fuses for the cruise control

Post by AlexMX3 »

My cruise control does not work does anyone know where the fuses are located I have a 93 MX3 V6 GS can anyone help me out I don't have the owner's manual. :(
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Looks like its on the 15 amp Meter fuse which is under the dash. Pretty unlikely its the fuse though, theres a lot of other stuff on that fuse as well. Theres drawings on my web site below under "info".
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
AlexMX3

Post by AlexMX3 »

I tried looking at the diagram but it does not mean much to me I looked under the dash and there is nothing there labeled cruise control??? :?
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

No - its the fuse labelled "Meter" but there is a lot of stuff on that fuse.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Alex he is trying to say that if it was the fuse alot of other things wouldnt be working also. So if you dont notice any thing else not working then more than likely it isnt the fuse.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Thanks Rick - that explains it a bit better.
AlexMX3

Post by AlexMX3 »

Thanks for the explanation. I checked and you guys are right it not the fuse.??? So would anyone know why the cruise control isn't working? the cruise control light on the dash button comes on when I press it... but I can't set it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Alex if you go to my web site below - go to info - 1994 wiring diagrams pdf file - and print page 15 of the document. Thats the cruise control circuit wiring.

Maybe you could start by just checking the basics like 12V and ground at the controller, the brake pedal switch, neutral switch, etc. There is a troublshooting document but unfortunately I haven't got a soft copy to post on my site. Let me know how you go and I'll see if I can get it scanned if you need it.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”