I'm peeved at Mazda! >:(

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote:
Perhaps an email to Mazda USA may put a little pressure on Mr. Floyd
And make sure you say that Mr Floyd admits liability but that his compensation is unsuitable (you don't want a free oil change - you want your car in the same condition you dropped it off in).
Excellent point Grants

Kenzie,
There are other mechanisms in place that should be available to you. Perhaps the BBB, Better Business Bureau, local business organization that's similar to BBB but on a local level. I believe that each dealership has a sort of rating or standing with the head office. This rating has a direct impact on how much a dealership can locally approve warranties and other issues that are financially covered by the parent company (Mazda USA). Some have better and some have worse ratings. It sounds that perhaps Floyd may not have such a good rating with the head office and therefore would either have to get approval for each and every warranty service work or eat the cost out of his own profits if he has already eaten up his allotted amount. Just something to consider.
If anything I have learned, that sometimes the principle may be the more important issue of the matter. Keep an accurate account of all your dealings with him, dates, times, what he said, what you said, etc etc.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Cha-Ching! I have to stop by Floyd Traylor Monday to pick up my $200 check!
Lee at Mazda USA rules! He told me he jumped MR. Floyd's case and if I had anymore problems I could just call him back and he'd take care of it!

Thanks for all the help and advice guys!
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sweet!!.. Glad it worked out for you :2thumbsup:

Tunes67
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I'd be careful about taking your car back and letting them work on it again though.. for anything :shock: They didnt want to pay for it.. and they arent going to appreciate HAVING to pay for it. Btw.. Thanks to Grants & jschrauwen .. valid and intriguing ideas.. sometimes the Pen is indeed mightier than the sword... but.. the sword is always more satisfying ;) LOL

Tunes67
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I haven't put my sword up yet...hehehe :twisted: I'm still a little peeved at the redneck...he must pay! bwahahaha!

J/K...I'm not psycho I promise!
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Tunes67 wrote:I'd be careful about taking your car back and letting them work on it again though.. for anything :shock: They didnt want to pay for it.. and they arent going to appreciate HAVING to pay for it. Btw.. Thanks to Grants & jschrauwen .. valid and intriguing ideas.. sometimes the Pen is indeed mightier than the sword... but.. the sword is always more satisfying ;) LOL Tunes67
What a regular cut-up...LOL
You catch more bees with honey Tunes.
BTW, thanks for the props. I enjoy being able to help in those particular ways, it keeps me from trying to flex my mechanical genius.....ya right!!
Kenzie, outstanding, glad it came to a positive outcome....now put that sword away before you and Tunes start mixing it up. :mrgreen:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Mate you have never fronted up to a dealership in a
long nose KW with the bullbar from hell on the front
and park a mere inch from the biggest plate glass window.....

hehehe, kinda interesting to watch the management move fast...
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I'm just gonna assume you mean a big truck :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Kenworth, Cummin's C12, 21 speed Eaton box Rockwell diffs.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

heh heh still...
Flashpoint2 wrote:I'm just gonna assume you mean a big truck :D
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Nallboy, You have a very similar set up to mine. Have you done the swap yet or are all of your listed mods yet to come. I just did my Swap this weekend and drove home with open headers... :shock:. Any way the only difference is I haven't upgraded my rotors and I have a KL31 ECU.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Wow, you're right, bro; I just checked your site. I wish I had that much help dropping my engine; I was all alone. :roll: I have the same plugs and battery too - kinda freaky, but very cool.
My engine's in; I have only the vacuum lines, intake, battery, and some other small stuff left to do under the hood, but, heheh, I don't have any exhaust past the headers yet either. Problem is that I want to have my kit (rear bumper specifically) before I do the exhaust. Should be another month (maybe two) and I'll have her running.
I live in North Fla. so Ga's not too far away. If you're ever in the area drop me a line. :2thumbsup:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”