front end stuff

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
happyclown

front end stuff

Post by happyclown »

When i bought my mx i was informed by the previous driver that he had hit a deer and the frount drivers side quarterpanel was replaced... well i have a few qustions and requests for the members of the board...

1) My headlights work fine, aiming seems good, but they both sit differently, one is flat againts the bumper, like its laying on it, and has a rubber sealy thing between the quarterpanel and it, the other sits about a finger thickness above the bumper and is pressed right up against the quater panel. I think i can see the rubber thingy that is on the other side, but its further back...
My questions about this are, Which way is it supposed to be? Pressed against the bumper or sitting a little high? And if i bought a new headlight, would it come with the mounts cause i think that is the problem with one...

2)I was out driving the other day and hit some horrible frost heaves... for those of you who dont know what they are, its horrible dips and bumps in the road from freezing weather,Description...i got air twice off of the bump frost heaves, but on the dip ones i bottomed out over 4 times, and now there is a plastic guard thing hanging down from under my engine bay, i thought it was there for protecting something, so i dont quite wanna rip the whole thing off yet.
SO... What else could have been damaged when i bottomed out, i know the oil pan wasnt punctured (happened to me in my other car :lol: ) but i am nervouse that something else might be ready to fall off. And Should i try and find another one of the plastic underguard thingies?

3)Why are body parts so freakin expensive?!?! 300 bucks for a pannel with fancey holes cut in it? (z3 fenders) Where can i get a hood for nice and cheep? dont care if its got fancey scoops in it. i dont have time to drive out to a junk yard, and mx3's are pretty rair in my parts... I've only seen 6 others in my life, only 2 i've seen more than once... heh

Sorry for the lengthy ness, but hopefully you guys get the jist and can help me out...
1993 RS Teal
Neil

Post by Neil »

Im at work right now so bare with me if my reply doesnt make any sense, If ther was quite a bit of damage from when the previous owner hit a deer and it wasnt fixed/lined up properly that could be whats causing your headlights not to sit right, they should both look the same on each side, that rubber between the fender and side of the headlight is suppose to be visible. both my head lights sit on my bumper not perfectly flat but i cant stick my finger between either of them. The plastic thing hanging down underneath your car is the heat shield/debree guard that stops stuff from getting up inside under your car and hitting things as for bottoming out its not ment to protect much there since its only plastic... As for the exspensive bodyparts... Your cheapest bet is unforintattly a junk yard, if you dont wanna pay alot of $$$. Sorry i couldnt have written this better but im at work.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial

Return to “Appearance”